Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NEW TRUCK!!!

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
Is on the way.
We pulled the trigger today on a 2020 Silverado High Country 3500 DRW Crew Cab Duramax/Allison 4x4.
Got just about everything but the Sunroof and blackout lights.
Should arrive in 8-10 weeks.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW
81 REPLIES 81

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jayco-noslide wrote:
Ummmm. Must be like buying a fancy luxury car; Mercedes, BMW. I won't ask you personally and don't want to know, but I'm wondering how many young folks buy and finance these things for a hundred years.

Oh, I dunno.. maybe this one for example?

WTFC

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
Walaby wrote:
Some of you guys just continue to crack me up.

Who gives a ratzass how someone pays for their truck, their RV, their hot tub, or any other damm thing they want to buy. They don't owe you, me, or anyone else an explanation at all.

I don't care if you are someone who is a millionaire, or if you're someone who is barely making minimum payments. Its nunmydamnbusiness. I also don't care if you're the smartest investor in the world it matters not.

Someone will undoubtedly tell me "I must care, becuase Im commenting". No, Im commenting because all you self rightous people looking down on someone because they financed their vehicle. I do care enough to tell your self centered self you can KMA.

Yeah, I'm sure I'll be censored, but some of y'all really just need to STFU.

Congrats OP on your purchase. Im sure you will enjoy it for years to come.

Mike

Gee, could someone point out for me the post(s) of the " self rightous people looking down on someone because they financed their vehicle" ????

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some of you guys just continue to crack me up.

Who gives a ratzass how someone pays for their truck, their RV, their hot tub, or any other damm thing they want to buy. They don't owe you, me, or anyone else an explanation at all.

I don't care if you are someone who is a millionaire, or if you're someone who is barely making minimum payments. Its nunmydamnbusiness. I also don't care if you're the smartest investor in the world it matters not.

Someone will undoubtedly tell me "I must care, becuase Im commenting". No, Im commenting because all you self rightous people looking down on someone because they financed their vehicle. I do care enough to tell your self centered self you can KMA.

Yeah, I'm sure I'll be censored, but some of y'all really just need to STFU.

Congrats OP on your purchase. Im sure you will enjoy it for years to come.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

troubledwaters
Explorer II
Explorer II
4x4ord wrote:
troubledwaters wrote:
You are not wrong. Over the last 9 years my investments have earned 8.59% average annualized return. I have several loans, the highest is 6.0%, and a few others at around 4.5%. I can pay them off anytime I want to; but why would I. I'm making more keeping my money invested.

Do you max out your debt to keep money invested in the markets or do you have some kind of rule or formula that you follow that prevents you from having debt on everything you own? Do you have any desire to be debt free at some point? There have been times that I have considered borrowing money against some of the real estate I own and investing the borrowed money into the stock market. Maybe from a financial perspective it's foolish not to? Once I start down that road I'm not sure where I'd stop.
4x4ord - I have enough money invested to cover my debts by about a factor of 10 to 1. That being said, I have taken out loans and kept my money invested when my investments were as little as 2 to 1. 3 or 4 to 1 would probably be my lower comfort range. I would not borrow money strictly to use it for investment purposes. But if I'm going to buy a car, RV, new deck for my house or whatever, I'll certainly take out a loan and keep my money invested whenever the interest rate gives me a beneficial spread. The last truck I bought was financed at 3.21%, that is certainly a pretty cushy spread.

Bert_Ackerman
Explorer
Explorer
Hammerboy wrote:
I hope to get a new truck next year, I don't think i'll post it here as ill get ridiculed. Only way you will know is when I change my signature;)

Dan

Personally I have never felt the need to advertise to the world by broadcasting on a forum or other site such as Facebook, when I purchase something new. Its buying a vehicle for Christ's sake, hundreds of thousands of people do it day in and day out. Hardly a special event and not something I really care about. The OP ordered a new truck, good for him. How he pays for it is nobodys business.

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hammerboy wrote:
I hope to get a new truck next year, I don't think i'll post it here as ill get ridiculed. Only way you will know is when I change my signature;)Dan

Everything was fine until page 2 when somebody mentioned financing, which is no ones business. Then it went downhill. Congrats to the OP for the new truck, and I'll say the same to you next year. :C

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
I hope to get a new truck next year, I don't think i'll post it here as ill get ridiculed. Only way you will know is when I change my signature;)

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Always great to see another new truck on the road.
Congratulations!

snarkee
Explorer
Explorer
From a post about ordering a new truck to losing vehicles and houses lmao

Congrats on the purchase
2021 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd
2021 Rockwood Ultralite 2891bh

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
You guys are comical......reminds me of the grumpy old men movie.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
Weโ€™re talking about paying off a loan on a truck vs. Paying cash. Losing a home or business has nothing to do with paying for a truck. But hey, donโ€™t let the facts interrupt the story hour.

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
nickthehunter wrote:
Wow, in 45 plus years I never had to cash in my inestments to pay off a loan. All I had to do was make a monthly payment. The 10 years of earnigs I already got should cover that nicely. But I am enjoying your fairy tales. Actually, that's probably a misnomer. There must be another phrase that's used for fantastical tales of sudden catastrophic failure, immediate bankruptcy, and an eternity of poverty; all in the same day.
Hmmm... Millions of people lost homes, autos, buisinesses etc..... That wasn't a fairy tale. When practically everyone is all in, all the time, that is what can happen.

It is VERY hard to stay all in, when the market is tanking, when every bill that is due requires you to liquidate an investment at a loss to pay it....You yourself have said several times that if the market turned, you would simply pay off your loans.... That is easier said than done.

Even Warren Buffett keeps some powder dry.

Perhaps he is a fantastical guy as well.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
Wow, in 45 plus years I never had to cash in my inestments to pay off a loan. All I had to do was make a monthly payment. The 10 years of earnigs I already got should cover that nicely. But I am enjoying your fairy tales. Actually, that's probably a misnomer. There must be another phrase that's used for fantastical tales of sudden catastrophic failure, immediate bankruptcy, and an eternity of poverty; all in the same day.

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
And soon after GM got the big government bailout.

As did FCA and Ford took money for plant modernization.