cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Answer Your Phones

Sooner_Schooner
Explorer
Explorer
Mr. Lemonis, have you ever called your stores on their regular lines we customers use? Try it and good luck. I tried to get parts from the Spokane, Wa store and could never speak with a human. Finally gave up.
2008 Damon Tuscany 4076 40' Diesel Pusher
12 REPLIES 12

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

Sooner_Schooner
Explorer
Explorer
goreds2 wrote:
The worse thing is they did not return your voicemail call or did they give you that option?
On my first call the parts desk did not answer. The operator picked up, took my information and said she would take it to the parts people. 3 hours later I called again and got switched to 2 or 3 different automated recordings. I gave up and ordered from Amazon. Much later after I made these postings a parts person called. Terrible business practices.

Sooner_Schooner
Explorer
Explorer
goreds2 wrote:
The worse thing is they did not return your voicemail call or did they give you that option?
On my first call the arts desk did not answer. The operator picked up, took my information and said she would take it to the parts people. 3 hours later I called again and got switched to 2 or 3 different automated recordings. I gave up and ordered from Amazon. Much later after I made these postings a parts person called. Terrible business practices.

Sooner_Schooner
Explorer
Explorer
janstey58 wrote:
I have had this experience NUMEROUS times at the Council Bluffs, IA CW as well. Not very customer friendly!

I hate to hear that, but that seems to be the norm these days. Not very good business practice in my book.

Sooner_Schooner
Explorer
Explorer
goreds2 wrote:

They did not respond to voicemail A parts person finally called long after I made this post and one on Facebook, but it was too late. I ordered what I needed from Amazon.

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello janstey58,

Thank you for your time and making us aware of your experience at the Council Bluffs location. We will look into this matter further.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I have tried to stay away from CW stores since they changed from having Work Kampers on the floor, Oregon has two stores I like Hillsborough and Wilsonville. Wilsonville is a GREAT store, at least it has been for us for at least 20 years. Two years ago we had tried to find a shop where we could have the oil changed, drove from Cal/Or boarder up 101 to Cape Disappointment, leaving CD, I had DW call Wilsonville, got us in the next morning, spent the night in the parking lot to be there at opening. One rig in front of us and one on the other rack from previous day. DW got us McDonalds and while she was gone, one of the gals in the office was making a donut run and ask if we would like something from the donut shop.

Valencia CA store was great but back 20 years ago they had work kampers on the floor, they knew what we were talking about and went to parts and told the staff what it was in their auto parts vernacular. Then suddenly, there were all these guys in insurance, car salesman, shiny flashy suits and then the dealership opened and nobody on the floor. Went in one evening during the remodel and the staff in the store were joking with a customer they knew(all six of them). Between the graba## and ignoring us, we went home without the $400 or $500 worth of accessories we went to buy.

All the other stores we have tried to deal with were like those mentioned earlier in this post.

Sure glad there is a fairly decent parts store within a reasonable distance and that the internet is available too.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
I have had this experience NUMEROUS times at the Council Bluffs, IA CW as well. Not very customer friendly!
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad

Sooner_Schooner
Explorer
Explorer
Good Sam Care Team wrote:
Hello Sooner Schooner,

Thank you for your time and email, I apologize you were unable to get through to anyone at the Spokane Camping World location. Please allow us to look into this matter further. When did this incident occur?

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

This occurred today Aug 21, 2019. Thank you for the prompt reply, but in today's world and technology, not answering business phones is something I can't understand. This is not the first time I have encountered this and I have been a customer a long time. I try to get my money's worth with my Camping World Membership, but it's not working out.

soren
Explorer
Explorer
After 2+ decades of RVing, I gave up on wasting time trying and failing to buy parts from CW. The last straw was when I tried to buy a toilet flange from one of their stores. The toilet flange, in this case was a common ABS plastic 3" outlet piece that is also used in residential plumbing. I literally couldn't get anybody to even listen to me, including a service writer and EVERYBODY at the parts counter, unless I had the make and model of the toilet. I eventually got a young lady to pull up the schematic on a common Thetford toilet, and showed her that the piece I was looking for had NOTHING to do with the toilet manufacturer, and did not appear on their drawing. It didn't matter, if you use don't have a brand and model # they literally are unable to proceed.

I then headed to another, family owned dealer down the road. Five minutes later I had my $7 part, and they had another good laugh with one of the hundreds of customers who showed up at their counter, after wasting time at CW.

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Sooner Schooner,

Thank you for your time and email, I apologize you were unable to get through to anyone at the Spokane Camping World location. Please allow us to look into this matter further. When did this incident occur?

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Ella
Good Sam Care Team