cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ozark resort

Campinghoss
Explorer
Explorer
Is the Ozark Resort on Table Rock Lake worth the extra dollars they charge for sites? Sometimes the internet does not accurately describe a cg (tongue in cheek comment)!

We are planning a trip to Branson and the surrounding areas. They are a lot of cg's in that area and I was just wondering.
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023
13 REPLIES 13

Not applicable
If u havenโ€™t left for Branson, then you can drive up to the office at state park and they will put you in. They have many open spots now. Ask for campground #2. All concrete sites. If u want that. Stagecoach rv is across the highway from that. That 6 mo is for online booking.

Campinghoss
Explorer
Explorer
I appreciate the info. We are thinking about TR state park. According to the website you cannot make reservations until the 6 month mark. We don't care too much about being real close to the strip but don't want to be too isolated either.
Camping Hoss
Lucie our fur baby

Not applicable
Ozark rv on table rock is โ€œpremierโ€. A little distant from Branson strip. TR state park, next to the marina, Branson belle, the dam, and 4 miles from Branson the best. Big sites, clean, cheap.

FordDiesel250
Explorer
Explorer
There is also Turkey Creek campground which is a Escapee's park which is real close to downtown Branson and a very short drive to the strip where the shows are. If you are a Escapee's member cost is very reasonable compared to every other campground in the area.

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
Campinghoss@51 wrote:
Is the Ozark Resort on Table Rock Lake worth the extra dollars they charge for sites? Sometimes the internet does not accurately describe a cg (tongue in cheek comment)!

We are planning a trip to Branson and the surrounding areas. They are a lot of cg's in that area and I was just wondering.

We love visiting Branson we live about 4 hours away. We have always stayed in Branson & there are tons of CG's to choose from. We tried Ozark Resort several years ago & it is one of the finest resorts we have ever visited. You won't be disappointed. Staying 40 minutes from Branson is fine for us as we don't need Branson 7/24. Don't think you could go wrong where ever you choose to stay.
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

Campinghoss
Explorer
Explorer
I appreciate the info from the majority of the suggestions. It is like I said sometimes the pics and info owners put on the cg websites are a little misleading.

Be safe travelling.
Camping Hoss
Lucie our fur baby

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
If its park ownership you are looking for that's a great choice. However for the park ownership money Treasure Lake to me is an over all better buy. Now if its a campground you are looking for Branson has many to choose from. Thinking about the size of your rig, you will need to really ask will it fit! A lot of Branson parks are tight. You might want to try the city park, they have great flat sights. Americas Best seems to be the place a lot of folks go to. The COE park on Table Rock lake is also a great park.

Just come down to Branson and enjoy all the fun you can have.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

texasjayco
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:

Get the cheapest campsite you can find. If you are truly visiting Branson for all the activities there, you won't be spending any time at the campground anyway. Chances are, you'll be out late watching shows or engaged in activities, and you'll sleep in long in the morning, get up, and hit the streets again.

If you are selecting a campground so you can just vegetate around a campfire, you can do that somewhere much cheaper than the Bronson area. Or consider Table Rock State Park. Table Rock State Park would be my choice and none other.

Couldn't agree more!!

We stayed at Indian Point Park (part of Table Rock). Very nice park.

It's just down the road from Silver Dollar City. And when we went there, the line of cars getting in (from town) was miles long. But we went right in since we were coming the opposite direction!!

Mark
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS
2022 Ford F-450 Limited Diesel Dually

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Campinghoss@51 wrote:
And yet here you are asking, on the internet, for the description of a park.:)

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Been to Branson many times - personally I would not want to be 50 minutes to an hour out of town - The KOA is cheaper and a lot closer - we were just there this spring
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Waco_Kid
Explorer
Explorer
I use to own a lot at the Ozarks RV Resort, probably the nicest place I ever stayed. 40 minuets to Branson or Eureka Springs, and not much in between. Most sights are large and well maintained. All the sites are privately owned.....Bruce
  • Bruce & Sandy
  • 07 Scepter 42PDQ SOLD
  • 2018 Coachmen Leprechaun 26DS Chevy

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer
Table Rock SP has full hookups and a nice location. $30 a night.

We didn't stay at Branson Lakeside but we drove through to check it out and it looked nice. The advantage to Lakeside is that you don't need to drive the entire strip to get there. It's close to the old downtown that has a cool 5&10.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I've been to Branson a few times over my life time, but each time was spent in a condominium or house resort place or elaborated motel type place. And this is my take on....

Get the cheapest campsite you can find. If you are truly visiting Branson for all the activities there, you won't be spending any time at the campground anyway. Chances are, you'll be out late watching shows or engaged in activities, and you'll sleep in long in the morning, get up, and hit the streets again.

If you are selecting a campground so you can just vegetate around a campfire, you can do that somewhere much cheaper than the Bronson area. Or consider Table Rock State Park. Table Rock State Park would be my choice and none other.