Explore and connect with travelers just like you.

Like what you see? Join Good Sam's Community!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
399486members
3638514posts

Community Activity

I finally dared

Hi everyone! For years, I've dreamt of hitting the open road in an RV, exploring the country at my own pace. My husband, however, wasn't exactly on board with the idea. Well, life took an unexpected turn, and we ended up divorcing a few months ago (n...

Flat Towing Ford Fiesta

Looking to tow a ford fiesta with auto transmission. Looks like this is doable but the battery has to be disconnected. Can you have a disconnect switch installed in the Fiesta instead of having to physically disconnect the negative cable?Also I would...

svjim by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

prs or manual gears 7.3 v8

We have a 2021 fleetwood bounder 33c which is better to use on steep down grades and uphills? The prs or manual gears, We had 2003 winne it didn't have this transmission.  Can anyone advise us?Thank You  

timpitt by Explorer II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Camper battery build

so as of today, I don't have a Battery in my camper.  I gave my 280Ah home built one to a friend for his camper.  this isn't an issue as I bought 4 new cells in september to build a new battery, I have just been working so much overtime at work I hav...

20240330_123334.jpg 20240330_123341.jpg

Tires- LT or ST

TIre recommendations? We are towing 8500# travel trailer. We’ve had numerous blowouts with China bombs over the years, partly due to Texas heat and high speeds. We are over the blow outs and need something that will hold. We currently have 15” but l...

Things to see around the Steens mtns Oregon?

I'm in the planing stages of a trip to the  Steens mtns with my family this summer.  I plan to pass through Klamath Falls from the Willamette Valley to spend a couple days kayaking the Klamath Falls National Wildlife Refuge canoe trail and make a tri...

mtnbbud by Explorer II
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

any good truck camper forums out there?

so I have tried with this forum and it is just messed up beyond all beliefe, new posts are horabaly highlighted at best, if some one replys to anything but the main topic then it isn't highlighted but moved up, the format for browsing is horrible.  a...

Roadtrek Tail light doesn't work

Aloha all:So our 2007 Roadtrek 170 (MJ ) has a taillight (passenger side) that is out. Immediately thought bulb, so I changed that...still didn't work (later confirmed the original bulb and replacement are good), so I went to the fuse box...fuses are...

Flipping 30A breaker

Interested to know how often, or if ever, people are tripping their 30A breaker with the A/C running alone. (Thinking when it is really hot and the A/C is running hard)Thanks!

Is one of your tie down tabs grounded?

Or is this a Bigfoot thing?In my attempts to stop rust progression, I've landed here. New marine style properly sized terminals with stainless screws should help, but I'm not sure I see the purpose. Since the ground wires only connect to the left fro...

grounded tie down tab.jpg

Water Pump Failure Traveling To The Eclipse

https://youtu.be/8FPLb5w8PRM  Water Pump Failure OR A Not So Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The April 8th Solar EclipseWe were a couple hundred miles into our trip to see the solar eclipse. we were just passing Grandview and approaching Prosser, ...

Hitch ball height with Reese Weight Distribution System

Hello. I have a Ford F150 and a Reese WDS with dual cams. According to the installation instructions the hitch ball should be 3/4" - 1" above the coupler when trailer is level. I can't get the number of links to 5 with my ball set at that hitch ball ...

JDmouse by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Resolved! Towing a Micro lite 21 FBRS with a Ford Ranger

I have a Ford Ranger with a 7,500 pound towing capacity and provides a maximum best-in-class payload capacity of 1,860 pounds. Its now called a mid size truck.  It has the towing package as well. With that being said Im still not convinced that it ca...

Introduce Yourself!

Hi all, and welcome to the Good Sam Community — we’re excited you’re here! Take this chance to say hello and tell us a bit about yourself. Whether this is your first time here or if you’ve already jumped into the conversations, kick today off with a ...

1.png
TeamGoodSam by Community Manager
  • 247 replies
  • 429 likes