Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: My 350/3500 is just too big to fit between the lines!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> My 350/3500 is just too big to fit between the lines!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
hotpepperkid

Kingman AZ

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/19 08:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

monkey44 wrote:

We park as far away from entrance as possible - leave a spot on both sides, no one near us ... then walk to store. Invariably, when we come out, we have someone on both sides, and no other cars near us. GO FIGURE !!

Yep been there done that. Parked at the end of the parking lot and came out and some SOB parked next to me. Good thing I didnt have a sharpie I would have left a note on his windshield but all I had was a pencil and paper.

2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

gkainz

Arvada, CO, USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/28/19 08:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way too many small car parking spots around here - usually at Home Depot and Lowes. I guess nobody buys anything bigger than a toilet seat any more. And don't get me started on the educated idiots that "DESIGN" (and I use that term in a derogatory manner) parking lots to impede traffic flow, not enhance it. Would like to introduce a size 11 boot to the seat of the pants of the morons around here that design our parking lots.

When I have to take the truck to a Prius Preferred Parking lot, I usually back in tail over sidewalk to get out of the traffic flow the best I can.

'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 08/28/19 08:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agesilaus wrote:

Some of these parking lots are not laid out with HD trucks in mind, I think they are thinking more on the line of Prius. So I have no compunction about taking up two spaces. Trying to fit in one leaves about a foot on each side of the truck, not enough to open the doors. I do try to park in the outer reaches of the lot tho.
LOL...yeah the new chic-fil-A near me has parking lines made for small cars and suvs. I tried parking the wifes '16 1500 chevy in their parking lot and had no room to open the doors enough to get out. So we park in a farm and ranch stores parking lot next door which the lines were made for one ton DRW crowd.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

rhagfo

Portland, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/28/19 09:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JIMNLIN wrote:

agesilaus wrote:

Some of these parking lots are not laid out with HD trucks in mind, I think they are thinking more on the line of Prius. So I have no compunction about taking up two spaces. Trying to fit in one leaves about a foot on each side of the truck, not enough to open the doors. I do try to park in the outer reaches of the lot tho.
LOL...yeah the new chic-fil-A near me has parking lines made for small cars and suvs. I tried parking the wifes '16 1500 chevy in their parking lot and had no room to open the doors enough to get out. So we park in a farm and ranch stores parking lot next door which the lines were made for one ton DRW crowd.

I park our 2016 Ram 3500 DRW in our Chic-fil-alot all the time, just back in.

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

camperdave

northern, California

View Profile

Posted: 08/28/19 09:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Even my non dually E350 barely fits in many of the mall spots these days. Personally I'd rather park further back and take up 2 spots than have my doors right on the lines where I can be blocked from getting in the van. I'm not hurting anyone, and helping myself as I can certainly use the extra walking. [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> My 350/3500 is just too big to fit between the lines!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS