Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slide seal protectant

Sunnyside42
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Folks,
We've finally pulled the trigger on a new Grand Design 31MB. During the PDI, they reiterated multiple times that we need to treat the slide seals every 90 days. I'm interested in what the consensus is on slide seal protectant.

The tech, running my PDI, recommended Armor All. I've also read where folks were recommending 303 Protectant. I'd love to hear from the folks here.

Thanks!
9 REPLIES 9

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Spray some of the 303 on a rag or sponge attached to a pole (like a small floor mop) and reach the middle of the slide that way.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Sunnyside42
Explorer
Explorer
Good Stuff! Thanks everyone for the info. I've got some 303 on the way.

Follow-up question:
How do you get the protectant on the top seal when you've got slide toppers? We'll have a couple of wider slides that I doubt I'll be able to reach the middle.

Cheers!

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
RobWNY wrote:
Which 303 product is reccomended?

I use this one:303
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
Which 303 product is reccomended? Looking on Amazon there's 303 Rubber seal protectant.....303 UV Protectant for vinyl, rubber, plastic, tires and finished leather.....303 Aerospace protectant-UV protectant for Boats and Patio furniture and 303 Marine and Recreation Multi Surface cleaner.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Haven't ever done mine. No problems. If I did it would be 303 never Armor All. "Tech" doesn't know squat in my opinion.
B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
303 works great for me. I have never liked Armour All on anything I tried it on.

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
303 works fine...but twice a year works fine.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
A spray on product like 303 with UV protection will help keep the rubber pliable and thus make a good seal.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

want-a-be
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on your purchase! Been using 303 on all rubber parts for years. Good Luck