cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hershey Pa rv show

hondapro
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are thinking about going to the Hershey rv show in September.

Does the show really live up to all the hype?

We are considering moving to a 5th wheel in the future and I thought the show might be a good place to check out alot of different models in one place. We do not plan to buy there as we are just starting to look and decide what would work best for us.

We would be going on the Saturday.So for those that have been there what are some tips for making it thru the show.

Thanks for the help.
Steve
2023 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
2022 Keystone Sprinter 32BH
B&W Companion
17 REPLIES 17

Ro_n_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Been there 4 times and in my opinion, well worth it if looking for the right rig for you. It's big and like stated above it can be confusing if you go in with a clean slate. Try to go during the middle of the week. Last year it was crowded on Saturday morning and didn't even go in (was there on Thursday and Friday).
2020 Dutch Star 4328 on FL Chassis
2018 Grand Cherokee Limited
Ready Brute Elite Towbar & Road Master Wiring

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
As stated multiple times, it is pretty large. Been there multiple times. Think about the parking lot of a hockey arena filled with RV's. The good part is if you are debating floor plan layouts or the overall size needed, 5th wheel vs travel trailer, etc etc. there are plenty to walk through. On the flip side, if you go there with a blank slate you will never get through everything and might confuse yourself more.
Last time we went was 2 years ago when we were debating a new motorhome (small A or C) with bunks vs a new travel trailer. We went there just to walk through the motorhomes with bunks. Ended up staying with a travel trailer due to the extra space and cost of the floor plans we liked. So it was useful in that regard, but we ended up buying directly through the dealer. There really is no "show price". You can negotiate that price any time.

Lumpty
Explorer
Explorer
We will be going this year on Wednesday, trying to circle in on what to eventually replace our now 8 year old Sunseeker 2300 Class C with in 2 to 4 years. It has been a decent compromise, on an E450 for a huge 4500lb headroom to GVWR, lots of storage interior and exterior, as well as large tanks for a small 24' Class C. For how we use it and where we go, it's worked out exactly as I'd figured when we bought it, so much so that the same model with a dinette slide now branded a 2290, is the leading replacement contender. But it's worth seeing what else is there in the under 27' size.
Rob

Too Many Toys.
- '11 E450 Sunseeker 2300
- '16 F150 Supercrew 5.0/FX4
- '09 C6 Z51
- '15 VW Golf Sportwagen daily driver
- '86 Civic and '87 CRX race cars

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Been to it a few times. Good to go kick some tires & see stuff that you don't really need.

Something would have to be really special to make me even think about selling my Alpenlite. We did Hershey twice before buying mainly to have a look see. If getting close to buying make a list of the the must haves & be brutal. Ours needed to have a large galley. An island or a "J" shape with lots of counter space. It also had to have lots of freshwater capacity. Nothing less than 80gal would be acceptable. It also had to be less than 36' LOA.

Parameters set there was no time wasted looking at units that did not meet our specs. Buying a mistake, even at a 'great' price is expensive.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
As most have already said it is probably the best show to go to if you want to compare makes and models as you can see almost everything there and with any luck remember where you saw them, it is a BIG show. Most manufactures will bring their latest and greatest to show and some might bring new floorplans they are just getting ready to release. If going on Sat be ready for crowds, long lines to park and also someone already mentioned they search your bags and you even go thru a metal detector and that is right when you walk into the show.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
SidecarFlip wrote:
My take on RV shows is, you seen one, you've seen them all.

That's sort of true of most local shows. Hershey is not your typical show.
It's obvious from your post you have not been to the Hershey show.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
My take on RV shows is, you seen one, you've seen them all.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Before you go, do your research online and narrow down your shopping list to the few models that interest you so the time at the show isn't wasted. It is likely you will not find anything besides what is presented online. You will spend a lot of time walking and that can be hot or tiring. Bring your own water and lunch unless you like to spend a fortune on unhealthy junk food but be aware that all bags will be checked on entering.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
It is not your typical show. It is much larger than any show on the east coast except for maybe the Tampa show. If you are a serious buyer it's your best opportunity to see lots of floorplans from lots of manufactures all in one place.
It is not your typical regional/local show put on by local dealers.
It is a huge show with tons to see. Without a doubt it is worth your trouble if you are considering buying
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
Is the Hershey show outside any city limits, for tax reasons?

No. The RV Show is held at the Giant Center near Hershey Park. Easy access, there is a lot of space for the show, inside and outside. Plus, there is plenty of parking available.
It has nothing to do with avoiding taxes.

I have not been to the show for a couple years. The last time I attended I did notice a lot of high pressure sales tactics.
Other than that it is a nice show with plenty to see.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
Also, be aware of the RV's that have "Sold" signs on them but are still open for people to go through. This past Spring, I was at an RV show in Syracuse NY at the end of the last day and watched more than one dealer rip off the "SOLD" signs and throw them away. Nothing more than a tactic to make people think they were offering great deals and sold several at the show. The RV's that have truly sold will be locked up tight so people can't inadvertently cause any interior damage to them.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

Bert_Ackerman
Explorer
Explorer

Bert_Ackerman
Explorer
Explorer
Its advertised as "Americas largest RV show".

We've been there 1/2 a dozen times. Crowded and anti climatic IMO, and unless I am forced into it I doubt I'll ever go to another.

Don't fall for the "special RV show pricing". It's more than you can negotiate the same unit for off the dealers lot, a week after the show is over. They have to pay for every sq. ft. of space at the show. They don't pay for it, the buyers do.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Is the Hershey show outside any city limits, for tax reasons? The reason I ask is our RV shows in Tucson are located outside the city limits and customers save 2.6% by not having to pay a city sales tax.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE