cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Getting ADCO Windshield Cover Into Storage Bag?

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
Folded up it's twice the size of storage bag. Mine's the deluxe #2407 version with roll down center see-though panel. Humorous or serious replies are welcome.
15 REPLIES 15

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
ADCO Windshield Cover is still great even though it cannot fit in the bag. I will take that trade off.
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
On my last RV ('88 Jamboree), I had both an inside cover and an outside cover. For camping, we used the inside cover; vinyl, that snapped in place to block the windshield and both side cab windows. It was easy, no matter the weather, and we could pull up the bottom and take a peek outside if needed. At home while stored, we used the exterior cover over the windshield and both side cab windows. That kept the windshield/windows clean and ready to go for the next trip.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

camperdave
Explorer
Explorer
Mine lives on a shelf in the garage... I find reflectix for the side windows and a $15 windshield cover from an auto parts store is easier and works better anyway. Quicker to install, and all done from the inside. They store nicely between the passenger seat and the dinette.
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

Powertour
Explorer
Explorer
We recently purchased the same one as you, took 1 look at the bag vs the cover & said 'forget it'.
2015 Itasca 25b Ford E350 V10

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
The ADCO windshield and side window cover is actually pretty neat. Needs no Velcro or snaps on rig, and see-through panel is nice. Nice to have in hot weather camping and helps with privacy. (I forgot that we had one.

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
Where we park for the winter, we face the South so we have a sunscreen for the outside of the wind shield.
You can see thru it, from inside to out in daylight, and out to in at night, we do have a blind we use at night.

Dusty

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
bobndot wrote:
I really never realized that people cover windshields from the exterior.
If you pull into a overnight spot in bad weather, you have to get out of the MH to install it then try to pack it away when its wet.
Isn't it easier to cover the windshield from the inside, where you install it and fold it up dry ?

We have an exterior cover that came with the RV, we have never used it yet. We always just use the internal cover. We carry it with us and i have taken it out and put it back in the bag it came in. Maybe if we stayed in a place for more than a few days we might use it? Don't know
Proud father of a US Marine

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I really never realized that people cover windshields from the exterior.
If you pull into a overnight spot in bad weather, you have to get out of the MH to install it then try to pack it away when its wet.
Isn't it easier to cover the windshield from the inside, where you install it and fold it up dry ?

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
ADCO in shed in old duffle bag. ADCO bag on patio waiting for reassignment. JM2ยข ~~ YMMV

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Gave up first try, fold it and throw it in the toad for travell, only 3 items that I can repack in the bags, sleeping bag, tent and the army cot everything else is impossible!

navegator

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Don't think I've ever gotten anything other than a folding lawn chair back in a storage bag and the lawn chair ripped the stitching out anyway. If you want to see something extremely funny you need to watch me try to put my (I say try) to put my fold up deer blind in it's stuff sack. Gave up on that and tossed the sack.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
buy/make a bigger bag. ,

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have the same one,except for my Chevy.I gave up and folded it from both sides to the center then one more time to center and then folded it in half from bottom then once again....still don't fit so said screw it stowed it behind the barrel chair till I get to campground. :B

Life is to short to fool around with it,that and my old arthritic hands are no match for those crafty little Chinese hands that packed it the first time....:R
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

YWORRYDOG
Explorer
Explorer
have the same for a chevy and it packs tight and fits.
CHUCK and ROSE 2010 Sunseeker
We camp on earth