Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: new satellite hook up?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> new satellite hook up?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
chuckftboy

Fleming Island, Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/17/19 08:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have used (2) 211k receivers for many years in the coach. I have a RF Mogal dish on the roof but cary a Tailgater for those times when I am under trees. You don't need a Wally to get satilite in the RV. I move the 211's back into the house when we are home and to the coach when we travel.

2019 Horizon 42Q Maxim Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

chuckbear

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/18/19 09:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a Winegard Travlr on the roof and a dedicated coax for a tripod on the side of the RV. Both run to an AB switch so we can change over if the roof unit is blocked. I had to run coax from the outside connection to the Component cabinet but no big deal. Works great. Chuck

sssooo

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/19 09:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK I am old school I used to run coax from the tripod to my receiver from home ,but this new setup I still have no idea how to hook it up it has 2Walleys in it I think I have to get the new Hopper setup from Dish for them to work ??
I am planning on using the front TV for my tripod and my old 211 receiver as a dedicated sat Tv
I have no idea about this setup???

sssooo

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 08/19/19 05:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

how do I get this Wally to know my Dish account?and on this 2018 Bounder how do I turn on the satt.I cant find a switch to turn it on ?

chuckbear

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/19/19 07:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sssooo wrote:

how do I get this Wally to know my Dish account?and on this 2018 Bounder how do I turn on the satt.I cant find a switch to turn it on ?

I think you need to find someone that knows these systems, have then install everything and show you how it all works. Chuck

jorbill2or

Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/19/19 08:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sssooo wrote:

You call dish and add it to your account if you have one ..or set up a new account if you don’t . Do that after it’s Hooked up to the dome via the coax and you’ve set it up The dome doesn’t have a on off switch! It’s controlled and powered by the Wally tuner and the single coax that’s run to it . It’s programmed to power and aim the dome. The Wally doesn’t need a hopper ( or work with one) it’s a stand alone tuner. Forget “Hopper” it won’t work with your system.
Hook it up and follow the instructions to activate on your tv screen, very simple.
Plug in tv to Wally via hdmi or other method , plug coax from Wally to dish. Power the Wally , plug in and turn on .. follow instructions and answer questions on tv screen. If you don’t see anything on the tv you have the TV set up wrong to see the Wally . Call dish at the end when the screen tells you to , you’ll need the tuner model and card number they can help you fund it in the menu in the Wally if you can’t find it.
If this doesn’t make sense , have someone hook it up for you.

Bill

sssooo

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 08/19/19 11:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank You
you are the first one to explane it to me after looking on the Dish site and reading a little bit what you said makes sence
thank you
scott

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> new satellite hook up?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS