Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new satellite hook up?

sssooo
Explorer
Explorer
Hello

I got a new to me 2018 Bounder it has satt I have Dish I used to just take my receiver from home and hook it up !! now I understand you have to have the new Hopper system from Dish for the new system to work I am old fashion and have old equement.
I cant see how my old stuff will work so I guess I have to get new stuff who can help me out??

scott
16 REPLIES 16

sssooo
Explorer
Explorer
Thank You
you are the first one to explane it to me after looking on the Dish site and reading a little bit what you said makes sence
thank you
scott

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
sssooo wrote:
how do I get this Wally to know my Dish account?and on this 2018 Bounder how do I turn on the satt.I cant find a switch to turn it on ?

You call dish and add it to your account if you have one ..or set up a new account if you don’t . Do that after it’s Hooked up to the dome via the coax and you’ve set it up The dome doesn’t have a on off switch! It’s controlled and powered by the Wally tuner and the single coax that’s run to it . It’s programmed to power and aim the dome. The Wally doesn’t need a hopper ( or work with one) it’s a stand alone tuner. Forget “Hopper” it won’t work with your system.
Hook it up and follow the instructions to activate on your tv screen, very simple.
Plug in tv to Wally via hdmi or other method , plug coax from Wally to dish. Power the Wally , plug in and turn on .. follow instructions and answer questions on tv screen. If you don’t see anything on the tv you have the TV set up wrong to see the Wally . Call dish at the end when the screen tells you to , you’ll need the tuner model and card number they can help you fund it in the menu in the Wally if you can’t find it.
If this doesn’t make sense , have someone hook it up for you.
Bill

chuckbear
Explorer
Explorer
sssooo wrote:
how do I get this Wally to know my Dish account?and on this 2018 Bounder how do I turn on the satt.I cant find a switch to turn it on ?

I think you need to find someone that knows these systems, have then install everything and show you how it all works. Chuck

sssooo
Explorer
Explorer

sssooo
Explorer
Explorer
OK I am old school I used to run coax from the tripod to my receiver from home ,but this new setup I still have no idea how to hook it up it has 2Walleys in it I think I have to get the new Hopper setup from Dish for them to work ??
I am planning on using the front TV for my tripod and my old 211 receiver as a dedicated sat Tv
I have no idea about this setup???

chuckbear
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Winegard Travlr on the roof and a dedicated coax for a tripod on the side of the RV. Both run to an AB switch so we can change over if the roof unit is blocked. I had to run coax from the outside connection to the Component cabinet but no big deal. Works great. Chuck

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
I have used (2) 211k receivers for many years in the coach. I have a RF Mogal dish on the roof but cary a Tailgater for those times when I am under trees. You don't need a Wally to get satilite in the RV. I move the 211's back into the house when we are home and to the coach when we travel.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most RV's are not setup to use a ground satellite antenna (of any kind). They have a cable connection but, in almost all cases, that won't work. The best thing to do (unless you see an outside connection that says Tripod or Satellite) is run a dedicated coax from a convenient location outside to the satellite receiver. In the meantime you can run a coax through the window or between the slide seal to the receiver but it's highly unlikely that without some minor modifications that a ground mounted antenna will work with the existing wiring.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

sssooo
Explorer
Explorer
The sat is a King tailgater VQ4500 or VQ4550? There are 2Wally with the Motorhome
I do have a tripod with a separate dish that I used before on my old unit ,how do I hook it up to this system I can’t find a place to hook it up?

Scott

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
sssooo wrote:
Hello

I got a new to me 2018 Bounder it has satt I have Dish I used to just take my receiver from home and hook it up !! now I understand you have to have the new Hopper system from Dish for the new system to work I am old fashion and have old equement.
I cant see how my old stuff will work so I guess I have to get new stuff who can help me out??

scott

Actually, the opposite is likely true. It's more likely that the antenna on your coach will work with older DISH equipment than it will work with a Hopper. To use the Hopper you MUST have a full sized open face antenna. The Hopper will not work with a dome.
If you have that open face antenna, it will work with ALL DISH equipment and a Hopper is not necessary (but very cool).
If you have a dome then the Wally or 211 series is likely your best best. If you can tell us exactly what kind of roof mounted antenna you have we might be able to add some additional information.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

harley_hitchike
Explorer
Explorer
I have hopper and joeys in my home and use a old 211k in my rv on the same account with a old winegared carryout 1518 I bought 8 years ago it all works as long as you pay the fee for each receiver the old ones work along with the hopper

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Just got Dish. Have a hopper in house, have a Wally in one bedroom. It’s programmed to work in the house with a seperate hook up to satellite. Have a second Wally in motor home. Tech programmed it to work with original coach dome satellite antenna. Told me might not get every channel with Orem dome but probably get 90%. I could take Wally from house and put in motor home, but would have to change programming every time I switched it. I just bought the second Wally and activate it when we leave the house. The hopper works totally independent from the Wally. I got all from an independent satellite retailer who sell and installed nothing DTV and Dish. He installed everything. Never called I-800
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
sssooo wrote:
I have Dish and there are 2 hopper things in the RV

You're going to have to be more specific than "hopper things".
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35’ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41’ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31’ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
what sat dish do you have on the RV.