cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire Pressure

brushpopper
Explorer
Explorer
After recently getting back into Travel Trailer camping (took 12yrs off) I cant remember how much tire pressure I should run in my tow vehicle. I run a 2003 F250 Diesel on 31x10x50 10 ply tires Load Range E with max pressure of 80#. When I purchased these tires it was before I purchased the TT. Currently the tire pressure is at 55#. Im trying to get my rig set up for the easiest towing experience, like I had 12 yrs ago. I get a squishy feeling when towing and go over a bump, dip, or bridge abutment and Im thinking its might be due to tire pressure. This is my first post here in 12 yrs as well. I forgot my old profile details so I started this new one. I remember this place being my goto. Thanks in advance for your help.
Chris
:E

West Virginia Campground Listing
Eagle Scout, BSA 1992
  • Wife, 2 Sons
  • Wags, The Wonder dog, Golden Retriever
  • 2004 Forest River Wildwood 26BHSS
  • 2001 Dodge Ram Larimie SLT 1500 5.9L Quadcab
  • Camped in WV, TN, NC, VA, GA, SC, FL

3 REPLIES 3

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Well doubt you have 31-10.50 any things on a Suoerduty, but icbw. Those are typically 15" rim light duty tires.
But assuming you have 80psi tires rates in the 3000lb or more range which you likely do, just up the rear pressure until it's not squishy unless it's not the tires and it's the suspension.

Normal range for the front of a 3/4 ton truck is 50-70psi depending on whether it's a diesel and what size tires. Pizza cutters and diesel = higher psi. Big tires and gasser = lower psi.
On the rear, you can run 30-40psi empty depending on tire size and go up from there for load applied to the truck bed or hitch.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
brushpopper, You could find out what your load on the rear tires is with the camper attached and adjust accordingly. There are some load/pressure specifications available on the internet......or (which is what Iโ€™d do) air your tires to 80 psi (cold) and adjust downward (say in 5 lb. increments) until you get the ride you want, and then get a pressure reading once they are cold again! Just make sure that your desired psi, will not be too low allowing the tire to get too hot! memtb
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
"31x10x50"?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"