cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recommend me a Vacume Food Bagger

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
In the market to buy a good one to bag up some meals for the trips. Also want to bag up a few other items as emergency kits for the TV. All suggestions, stories, and smart remarks are appreciated. TIA!
18 REPLIES 18

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Food Saver, and I buy the bags in bulk from Ebay, 3 rolls for what WalMart wants for one roll.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
I have an original โ€œFood Saverโ€ in its original box.

Today I use re-sealable vacuum bags and a hand held vacuum pump. The process is so much easier. Use some frozen veggies and reseal the bag.
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
I watched a lady return a FoodSaver she had bought at Costco 9 (!!) years prior. It stopped working. They took it back no questions asked. So, yeah, buy it at Costco if you have a membership.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
BarabooBob wrote:
I can make my own bags out of the exact material that I buy from them at half the cost or less when bought on sale.

Splain Lucy. Please!
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

OkieGene
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought the lid sealer things, they pull the vac on a Mason Jar and Lid, so you can store things in the jar.

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Allworth wrote:
Vacuum

Depends on which country you are in.

Etstorm
Explorer
Explorer
Pricey but check out Weston. I love mine

Allworth
Explorer
Explorer
Vacuum
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
we've used a food saver for probably 15 years and still going strong. great way to buy in bulk and freeze, or prep stuff for a camping trip.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have been using a Food Saver vacuum sealer for over 20 years. It is starting to get a little slow so I bought a new Food Saver. I just can't bring myself to break out the new on and retire my old reliable unit. I do purchase the rolls of bag material because I am cheap and don;t like puRchasing high priced bags when I can make my own bags out of the exact material that I buy from them at half the cost or less when bought on sale.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like to smoke ribs, chops, whatever and seal them in our Seal-A-Meal, freeze them and throw them in the RV freezer. After a day's driving, at the campsite just throw them in the microwave and just like fresh cooked/smoked. No muss, no fuss> And great tasting food.
Seal-A-Meal for me!
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the ideas and recommendations, folks. I had read some reviews on the Food Saver site that were very uncomplimentary and wasn't sure what to believe. Seems like anymore, rivals and paid 'reviewers' will give out bad reviews just to confuse folks. Its getting harder to know what you can believe. (but kudos to FS for leaving up bad reviews- most places just delete them)

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Bed Bath and Beyond and the 20% coupon for the Food Saver. Coupons work for the bags too. My wife also picks up the aluminum tins with lids at the dollar store and we premake meals for our trips too. She make everything from roast beef with potatoes to macaroni with cheese and freezes them. So very convenient and easy.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
and buy the rolls and cut what you need from the roll. The bags tend to waste too much for the small items that one freezes.
I just went on the Foodsaver website and found some negative reviews of their $55 Game saver unit. Probably best to get the better product. We have had ours for at least 10 years.
Some of the units have the roll inside but they are much bigger than those who do not.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)