cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

If I have to ask I probably shouldn't

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm wondering if I should pop the cash for this puppy. I like it because it would add a distinctively different piece to my extensive CI collection. Still.......
Lodge Cook It All
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
14 REPLIES 14

JasseJackson
Explorer
Explorer
Looks great! Take it!)
You can make with it my favourite grilled sea bream...
Yammy!

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
What stops me is the size. For Thanksgiving, (pack a half dozen extra ovens) and reunions (14 inch oven, and skillet smae size) I bring the big iron. Normal trip a 12 inch rides in another area, but where we keep the daily use iron a 10 inch is the biggest that will fit.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
time2roll wrote:
$130??? just get it already. Please let us know when and where dinner is ready ๐Ÿ˜‰

:W
Iโ€™m thinking it will be a great feature for Burnโ€™s Night dinner.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins

Magnus

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
$130??? just get it already. Please let us know when and where dinner is ready ๐Ÿ˜‰

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
For half the money you can buy a good Dutch oven that will do everything.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Okay it's on my wish list so when the whole clan want to know what I want for Christmas they'll know. I made a note that it could be a shared gift from several since the price is up there.

PNW_Steve wrote:

You are the only other member I have noticed with the Hawaiian Islands on your map. Did you RV there? I have seen lots of tent camping on the islands and a couple of old decrepit RV's used as permanent stationary housing. I have yet to see an RV on the road there.

Curious ๐Ÿ™‚

Back in 1970 I was stationed at Kaneohe and owned a VW camper bus. So yes I've RV'd in Hawaii. It was dry camping but the only time it was miserable was in December during monsoon season.

Magnus

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
I REALLY, REALLY like it. I think I will have to ask for this for a Christmas present, or birthday present, or Mother's Day or whatever. Or, I may just order it. I agree, a $60 price tag would be much easier to justify.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
No senior member of this forum should be without one...just in case, Nicky. I placed my order!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

SpeakEasy
Explorer
Explorer
I think it kind of depends on what other CI stuff you have. I have a couple different dutch ovens (with legs), a skillet, and a griddle. I don't think this item would add enough to my collection to justify the cost. But that's just me.

-Speak
It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
Oooo, I want that!!
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Wow. Go for it. It's a versatile piece!
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
It's only money, you only live once. Why not go ahead and spoil yourself! Your kids REALLY don't need to collect your inheritance. They will probably squander it anyway. YOU might as well spend your money so your kids won't fight over it when you are gone. And, after all, don't you really, Really, REALLY want it?

PNW_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
I took a minute to look at your sig and have to agree. You can fix anything in the kitchen with the proper application of Bacon. Especially if you cook it in cast iron ๐Ÿ™‚

One question.... When making the "map" for my sig line I clicked all of the places that I had visited in my RV's and then, without thinking, I clicked on Hawaii as I have been there. Just not in my RV... I noticed it some time later and have not gotten around to correcting it...

You are the only other member I have noticed with the Hawaiian Islands on your map. Did you RV there? I have seen lots of tent camping on the islands and a couple of old decrepit RV's used as permanent stationary housing. I have yet to see an RV on the road there.

Curious ๐Ÿ™‚
2004.5 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, NV5400, 5" turbo back stainless exhaust, Edger programmer & 22.5 Alcoa's
2002 Forest River 36 5th Wheel (staying home)
1992 Jayco 29 5th Wheel (Mexico veteran & headed back)
2002 "faux" Wanderlodge 40' My new toy....

PNW_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ˜ž

I miss my cast iron......

My Wife took over the kitchen when we got married and she is not cast iron friendly....

If I started cooking more again she would probably let me have a little space for cast iron.. I'll have to work on that. ๐Ÿ™‚

I say: Go ahead and buy it! She/He who does with the most cast iron in the kitchen wins. ๐Ÿ™‚
2004.5 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, NV5400, 5" turbo back stainless exhaust, Edger programmer & 22.5 Alcoa's
2002 Forest River 36 5th Wheel (staying home)
1992 Jayco 29 5th Wheel (Mexico veteran & headed back)
2002 "faux" Wanderlodge 40' My new toy....