Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: RV Pet Stop: Yipping little dogs!! Ugh!!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  General Topics

> Yipping little dogs!! Ugh!!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
DC&MC

formerly of Keizer Oregon USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/13/19 05:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I love dogs and have a lab. However these little dogs in the camping site next door are driving me nuts. They yip at anything moving. The owners sit there under the awning and say nothing to shut them up. A couple times I’ve walked out to the front of our MH to glare but it does no good. I don’t blame the dogs, they have never been taught anything. Anyway, just wanted to vent.

2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2011 Ram PU
2012 Victory Cross Country mtc
From wherever we happen to be

Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 08/13/19 05:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Contact the CG hosts or Rangers. Yapping dogs are not allowed and there is no excuse for these bozo's allowing them to disturb you. By not complaining either to them {politely} or to the proper authorities you are merely enabling and encouraging their behavior... your bad.

For the record I am a lifelong dog owner/lover and have never tolerated one of mine bothering my neighbors.

[emoticon]

Lwiddis

Bishop, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/13/19 06:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

X2 on the Captain’s comment.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2019 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - old MOS 1542 & 1560.

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 08/13/19 07:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kid has four labs you,d never no it around here. but one little doggee can make so much noise.

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/13/19 10:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I found that This works when everything else fails.

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/14/19 06:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think that is called selective hearing. Training dogs, like training kids, is a lot of work and some would rather not expend the effort.
If I remember the Dog Whisperer videos correctly little dogs make noise because they are scared/nervous.

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/14/19 07:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DC&MC wrote:

I love dogs.....

LOL. [emoticon] I always know what's coming when a post starts with those words. In any case, good luck getting some peace and quiet.[emoticon]

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 6 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

twodownzero

NM

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/19 07:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Did you consider going next door and meeting the dogs? My neighbor a few weekends ago had some little chihuahuas that turned out to be super nice dogs, they just needed me to say hello.

Pawz4me

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/19 08:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dick_B wrote:

If I remember the Dog Whisperer videos correctly little dogs make noise because they are scared/nervous.

I think that's probably at least somewhat true. Our Shih Tzu is not a barker. He's probably the quietest dog we've ever had, and all the rest have been medium/large dogs. But he's also super confident. He's been charged by numerous larger dogs and he just looks at them like "WTH is your problem?" He has the same "WTH" reaction when he's around other little dogs who are barky.

The only thing that bothers him are rumble strips. [emoticon]

Me, DH and Yogi (Shih Tzu)
2017 Winnebago Travato 59K

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/19 08:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pawz4me wrote:

Dick_B wrote:

I think that's probably at least somewhat true. Our Shih Tzu is not a barker. He's probably the quietest dog we've ever had, and all the rest have been medium/large dogs. But he's also super confident. He's been charged by numerous larger dogs and he just looks at them like "WTH is your problem?" He has the same "WTH" reaction when he's around other little dogs who are barky.

The only thing that bothers him are rumble strips. [emoticon]

We had 3 Shih Tzus at the same time. None of them where barkers. One rode with me in the truck. If I was in the truck would alert if somebody got close and would bark if somebody touched the truck. More than one person told me they knocked on the door and she made no sound. Not a guard dog, a alarm system.
Another would stand up and beg for attention from everybody that got close.
The third, would set on my lap in CG. If she saw something, I whisper her name, and I could feel her "bark" but no sound.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  General Topics

> Yipping little dogs!! Ugh!!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS