cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

sumo springs

allbrandauto
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody put sumo springs on there class a motorhome. did you like them?
5 REPLIES 5

Mommalu
Explorer
Explorer
We noticed our motorhome backend was riding low when traveling, first we weighed it to ensure we weren't over weight, and we're not. Then we had the Summo springs installed in the rear. Huge difference in handling much more stable, no push back when semi's pass us, and much easier to handle the changes in pavement, it doesn't have as much side to side motion and the leveling system no longer flashes and beeps when we enter gas stations and such.
We previously had added a Blue Ox Tru Center to front and Tiger Track to the rear. Which was a major improvement from the stock F53 chassis.
Now we ponder if we should add Summos to the front.

TWZMYJP
Explorer
Explorer
I've been considering these as well, always just run standard air bags but I like the "idea" of no maintenance or leakage issues... So do these install in a compressed state such that they effectively add spring rate like an airbag? And do they offer some roll-resistance when they stretch out, such as in cornering situations?
'18 Jayco Alante 31R

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
I put them on my 2016 F53 22.000 pound chassis. The last mod I did after Helwig Sway Bars and a trac bar.

I MAY have gotten a 30% improvement. IMO it wasn't worth the cost. But YMMV and you might find it is the best thing you ever did.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
They came in my current 2012 MH. I only have past experience with occasional short trips in older F53 chassis MHโ€™s, and those rod like lumber wagons! Mine has a very smooth ride. The previous owner did a lot of suspension work, Sumo springs, KYB shocks, front and rear Hellwig sway bars and a Blue Ox True Center steering damper. On smooth roads with slight pavement imperfections it rides as smooth as can be expected from a 30+ year old chassis! Iโ€™m happy with it except for the wander it has sometimes. The only thing left is a rear trac bar. When I brought it home it was all over the lane. It was hard to keep it straight. I checked the tow and it was toed out 5/8โ€. I reset the tow to 3/16โ€ in and it made it track straight. Still has some wander, but more pleasurable to drive!

I would do the Sumos and all 4 shocks. Make sure your tires are at the proper pressure for the actual weight of the axles, not whatโ€™s on the sidewall.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Busdriver
Explorer
Explorer
Have them on my Truck & Filth Wheel very happy with them

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS