cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tires

Not applicable
First go around on having to buy tires. I have a F53 22k chassis. Michelin 22.5. 235x80r. Any suggestions on any other good quality brands? Mine have 22k miles and are already showing cracks. But are 1113 on the manufacture date. 6+ years old. How about these online tires for rv,s. guys? I’m doing the local shops also.
Thanks
20 REPLIES 20

js218
Explorer
Explorer
Yep purchased the rig to travel and that's all I do.
2017 Haulmark 45' Super C 600hp, 12 speed I shift transmission, tandem drive axles, 3 stage engine brake, towing 26' trailer with an 08 explorer inside.
Jim

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
JS that works out to 200+ miles/day over 2 years. You may be the first RVer (are you RVing?) to wear out a set of Michelin tires.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

js218
Explorer
Explorer
49 states,Canada and the southern tip of Baja peninsula Mexico.
2017 Haulmark 45' Super C 600hp, 12 speed I shift transmission, tandem drive axles, 3 stage engine brake, towing 26' trailer with an 08 explorer inside.
Jim

js218
Explorer
Explorer
Currently at 156,300 miles,replaced tires at 149,ooo miles.
Jim

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
js218 wrote:
Just replaced all ten of my tires, Michelin 11R 24.5 eight XDN2 drives and two X LINE ENERGY steers load range H

You must put s lot of miles on a 2017 rig to need new tires in 2019.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

js218
Explorer
Explorer
Just replaced all ten of my tires, Michelin 11R 24.5 eight XDN2 drives and two X LINE ENERGY steers load range H
Jim

LVJ58
Explorer
Explorer
I've been running Bridgestone tires on our first and current coach since 1995 with zero issues. In so far as your tires are the weakest link between your coach and the pavement, I don't mind spending the extra $$$ on high quality tires.

Good luck with your choice and safe travels...:)
Jim & Sherry Seward
Las Vegas, NV
2000 Residency 3790 V-10 w/tags & Banks System
2003 Suzuki XL/7 toad

swphotobug
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on your weight you might need 265s

This is a good website to check physical sizes
https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=255-80r22.5-275-80r22.5

I think Michelin makes these oddball tires so you buy their products. We have always switched to Toyos and have been very happy.

FloridaRosebud
Explorer
Explorer
If memory serves, the Toyo 245-75 22.5 have the same height, and about .25" wider. That's what we went with on our MH to replace the Michelins....

Al.

Not applicable
Looking around, I’ve found Michelin is the only one so far that makes 235 80s 22.5. Wonder why that is and can I go with a 235 75r? I appreciate your comments. These things are expensive.

swphotobug
Explorer
Explorer
Walmart recently had the Toyos in a compatible size for a super price of $250 each. I would check Walmat.

full-timer
Explorer
Explorer
OK, let the flaming start--I have 4 (China Bombs) Salin tires on the rear that are in their 9th year and look good as new. Have not had to add air in them in the last 4 years. Best tires I've ever had.
An Indian and a Gypsy

Joe and Nancy
2002 34 foot Georgetown double slide Ford V-10
towing 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 4 Down

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
mine are around the same year but mine are keep covered all the time and I take mine for a ride 1 time a month about 30 mile each way. I was told worse this is let them sit and you eat them.
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
For as many tire manufacturers that are out there, you will get that many opinions. Michelin, Goodyear, Toyo, Sumitomo, Bridgestone, Double Coin, Hankook....all have their supporters and all have their opponents. I've had bad luck with 2 Goodyear tires, but still have Goodyears on my rig. Yes, you will pay more for certain brands over others. Yes, certain brands will ride and wear differently due to the chemical makeup of the rubber. Some tout that they are RV tires while some call themselves truck tires. As long as they are in the right load range for your rig, and are inflated according to the manufacturer's recommendations according to the weight of the rig, and as long as they are maintained properly....AND, unless you're going to be putting a LOT of miles on them over the highways (most RVers don't).....they are ALL most likely going to give you good service over their lifetime. So, shop around for acceptable pricing and a good shop to mount them....and go have fun camping!!!
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------