cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2019 Discovery LXE 44H Noise in Dash

MICKANDMICHELE
Explorer
Explorer
We have a very loud squeak in the dashboard area of our 2019 Discovery LXE 44H. Dealer has attempted to fix it 4x and is in once again. They screw things together, add padding, put in shims, but after 100 miles or so of driving or after is is parked for a few weeks the horrendous noise is back. This is not a little rattle. it is fingernails on the chalkboard bad. Has anyone else with this model had the same experience and if so has it been fixed. We have been chasing this for almost an entire year and our warranty expires in 3 weeks.
4 REPLIES 4

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Try this

https://www.harborfreight.com/Mechanics-Stethoscope-63691.html
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Seriously, I have also had lots of difficulty finding small noises. You can get a Stethoscope with a long tip that is made for that purpose. A small wood or medal rod can be placed against your ear and then touch around looking for the noise. small noises usually seem to come from somewhere completely different from where they sound like.

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
We had what sounds like the identical squeak in our 2011 Southwind. Many unsuccessful attempts at a fix by the selling dealer during the warranty period. After warranty period it took a letter and phone calls to Fleetwood. They put a manufacturer tech on the phone with the dealer tech to finally get it fixed. In my current coach the same squeak started after a new windshield was installed. The installer found a fix on a you tube video. He put some type of cushion between the dash plastic and the metal it was rubbing against.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Learn to love it...