cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dinghy Tow Car - Kia Soul

RVROSE
Explorer
Explorer
We have purchased a 2016 Kia Soul with manual transmission for our new tow car. The base plate has been installed, now we are working on the wiring for the brake, tail, and turning lights. When I switch over from our Saturn Vue dinghy to the Kia Soul, will I have to pull a fuse like I do on the Vue? Will the ignition still be in ACC when I use the Brake Buddy?
2005 Kountry Star with a 4 cyl. Saturn Vue with stick shift.
Mike and Rose and Pepper, our All-American black lap dog.
4 REPLIES 4

RVROSE
Explorer
Explorer
Hank85713, OH, OH! I better check into this. We did only one trip, a short 2 hour trip and had no battery troubles on it. I'll take your words of caution under advisement though.

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
We have an elantra and if its like mine you better install a charge line or it will kill the battery. We found ours with a dead battery after towing to van horne tx, ended up having a friend help install a charge line and no problems since. Kia is owned by Hyundai much like to old ford mercury setup, just that kia spends more on tv ads to sell their cars!

RVROSE
Explorer
Explorer
To T18skyguy, Thanks for your response. That's all I have to know. The Soul will be a lot easier to deal with than the Vue. I appreciate your reply.

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
I tow a Kia Soul behind my Greyhawk. All you need to do is put the manual transmission in neutral, and set the key to acc to keep the wheels unlocked. I use a Roadmaster baseplate with a Demco Dominator tow bar. One thing to know about the Soul is it's no powerhouse but it gets the job done and it's lite at 2800 pounds. The storage is huge being a mini ute. I have me the wife and daughter in it, so with 3 people acceleration lags a good bit. With the back seats folded forward there is a huge amount of room for stuff in it.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.