cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Got bad news

rbs62
Explorer
Explorer
Got bad news today was told by Dr no more driving We due to Parkinson's just bought a new5th last May 2018. Wife can't drive or maneuver it at CG I'm upside down so will be hard to sale not sure what my options are !
12 REPLIES 12

rbs62
Explorer
Explorer
We set it up in backyard our daughter and husband com in a couple times a month plus
Bymoo if friends can stay when they come by I have full hookup in yard

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
My husband can no longer drive either so we bought a Class B that I can drive.

Chock_Full_o__N
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with the others. If you can still camp, but can't drive, the answer is to set it up at a campground and visit it as often as you can. Five years ago, DH and I decided we could no longer tow, due to health. We found a campground that would let us store our rig when we weren't there. They brought it out and set it on a site whenever we liked. We found that we actually camped MORE this way. Go figure!

DH can no longer drive at all and his health is poor, but he has the best attitude. He says, "I can be sick in the city or in the mountains. I choose the mountains." Now we live in in it full-time at the campground.
"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry about this. My Wife is in early stages & I can see the changes in her ability to do things. If you need help moving it let let us know where your at & sure someone of us can help.

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
So sorry to hear.

That happened to my dad. He put it on consignment because he couldn't show it to sell it himself. It sat in the dealer's lot for a year while he continued to make payments and insurance. During that time, he had several ER visits and money got very tight. He finally decided to let it be repo'd and less than a month later he passed away. It got paid off then.

While you are under on the value, it sounds like you are able to make the payments. If so, then I say sell it now and take the loss. You can always rent a cabin if your wife can still drive. And you won't have to worry about future medical bills, etc., making that financial loss a major complication by waiting to sell.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
When is someone not upside down with an RV? I'd sell it and get out from under it. Parkinson's is serious, nasty disease and might prevent the use of the parked 5th wheel. I'd find another way to recreate.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
What has come for you will also come for me...no more driving. I wish you the best.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Any family members interested in taking it over?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

I am sorry for the crushing news...

You can always do like the above posters stated, park it full time somewhere and still enjoy it...

Now , IF you need the money, only choice is to dump it and walk away with your tail between your legs... AND hope you don't loose too much
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
I'm so sorry. I hope you can find a solution that works for you.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Agree with the moving it to a year-round site to enjoy โ€ฆ.. selling it not an option if you are upside down and vol. repo not good thing. Bank/CU will sell it wholesale/below and you are still liable for the difference between selling price and what you owe. Even if you tried to put it on consignment, you still have to come up with a chunk to get it paid off.

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
Find a seasonal campground site and park it. Wife can drive you to it? I live in Florida and leave a trailer on site all year for $1700.00. It's a steal at that price. You can find them all over the country for $2000 and up.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.