Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Which Cell Phone Carrier is best in specific locations?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Which Cell Phone Carrier is best in specific locations?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/19 04:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

swphotobug wrote:

We have one phone on Verizon and one phone on ATT, both with unlimited hotspot. We have never been limited on data and we use quite a bit. We use Cricket($55) for our ATT and Visible($40)for our Verizon. ur primary is Cricket and we have used it throughout Canada and Alaska with no problems.

my BIL in MN who does a lot of travel out west recommended ATT. I called ATT and they wouldn't sell me service in my area code.
bumpy

crcr

US

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/19 07:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bumpyroad wrote:

swphotobug wrote:

We have one phone on Verizon and one phone on ATT, both with unlimited hotspot. We have never been limited on data and we use quite a bit. We use Cricket($55) for our ATT and Visible($40)for our Verizon. ur primary is Cricket and we have used it throughout Canada and Alaska with no problems.

my BIL in MN who does a lot of travel out west recommended ATT. I called ATT and they wouldn't sell me service in my area code.
bumpy

In the SouthWest and West where we live and travel, anytime we are even barely out of a town or city, we have no ATT signal at all. We have Verizon signal most areas, even when camping.

swphotobug

varous

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/19 07:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do it online and pick a different area code.

kknowlton

southeast Idaho, formerly IL/WI border

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/08/19 08:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It seems that Verizon has chosen to go for wider area coverage, while AT&T has opted to focus on population centers. For camping, and now that we live in the West, Verizon is the way to go. It doesn't cover every area, and even at home we have issues as the tower(s) are "over the hill" from our house, but they are still the best game in town for less populated parts of the country.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Which Cell Phone Carrier is best in specific locations?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS