Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Are these stickers needed??
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Are these stickers needed??

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Twistedlarch

Cottage Grove, OR.

View Profile

Posted: 08/06/19 08:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Any need for the "Certified Green by TRA" and "RVIA" stickers on the side of my trailer? They both have ID #'s on them.

I usually remove any decals and pin striping from my vehicles and now my trailer. I prefer the clean and advertisement free look.

Thanks
Brian

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 08/06/19 10:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

VIN/Data Plate only thing required

Strip the rest of the stuff off it that is what you want to do.

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
On the Road Debt Free April '07
Off the road still Debt Free Jan. '14

myredracer

Langley B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/19 03:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Twistedlarch wrote:

Any need for the "Certified Green by TRA" and "RVIA" stickers on the side of my trailer? They both have ID #'s on them.

I usually remove any decals and pin striping from my vehicles and now my trailer. I prefer the clean and advertisement free look.

Thanks
Brian
Is there an easy way of getting rid of the "ghosting" after removing decals? I removed the name of our dealer they stuck on our TT. 4+ years later I can still see the outline of the letters.

Only reason to leave them on would be if you ever wanted to sell it into Canada which I would guess unlikely...

Are you thinking of removing the graphics too? Ours are starting to deteriorate slightly in a few spots at the edges due to shrinkage of the vinyl. I've seen a few RVs with graphics removed but it doesn't seem to look right without them. I wish I could remove ours because I know they're just going to get worse over time. We could have ordered painted on graphics when we ordered our TT at the dealer but we didn't want to spend the $$ at the time. Kinda wish we did now.

Gil, Deb & Dougal a 15 year old Springer Spaniel
2014 KZ Spree 262RKS, Reese DC WDH, shocks and Endurance LRE tires
2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD crew cab, Bilstein shocks, heavy duty trailering option

ZINGERLITE

Union Lake

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/19 05:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

myredracer wrote:

Twistedlarch wrote:

Thanks
Brian
Is there an easy way of getting rid of the "ghosting" after removing decals? I removed the name of our dealer they stuck on our TT. 4+ years later I can still see the outline of the letters.

Only reason to leave them on would be if you ever wanted to sell it into Canada which I would guess unlikely...

Are you thinking of removing the graphics too? Ours are starting to deteriorate slightly in a few spots at the edges due to shrinkage of the vinyl. I've seen a few RVs with graphics removed but it doesn't seem to look right without them. I wish I could remove ours because I know they're just going to get worse over time. We could have ordered painted on graphics when we ordered our TT at the dealer but we didn't want to spend the $$ at the time. Kinda wish we did now.

I used WD40 and a blue shop towel. took the residue right off my aluminum sided trailer.

LoudRam

Southern NJ

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/19 06:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

myredracer wrote:

When I debadged my old truck I used some mild auto compound to get rid of the ghosting. Maybe try a good cleaner wax first. Might be a bit less aggressive than the compound.

Todd
Desert Storm Vet (US Navy)
2014 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4X4
2018 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2880RKS

If you can read this thank a teacher
If you can read this in english thank a vet

rav

Full Timing

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/07/19 07:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also like to pull off the stickers on the camper, I taped them on a sheet of paper and put it in the owner's manual that way they will stay with the camper. I used mayo to get most of the glue off and then the bad ones a mild buffing compound. Eventually they go away or you just don't notice them anymore. LOL

2016 Bighorn 3760EL
2015 F350
me, DW and Mattie dog

PNW_Steve

Pacific Northwet & cold

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/19 09:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One word of warning. I have stayed in at least three RV parks that you have an RVIA placard on your rigs to stay there.

2004.5 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, NV5400, 5" turbo back stainless exhaust, Edger programmer & 22.5 Alcoa's
2002 Forest River 36 5th Wheel (staying home)
1992 Jayco 29 5th Wheel (Mexico veteran & headed back)
2002 "faux" Wanderlodge 40' My new toy....

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/19 09:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mine fell off in my previous TT.
On my current MH there were stickers all over the inside telling you all the ways you could die or hurt yourself. I moved those to the inside of the cabinets. They had the chassis and MH builder stickers behind the driver at eye level. I moved those down low where you only see them if you try and find them. It was ridiculous the amount of stickers they put all over these things. And the RVIA sticker is a joke because no standards are adhered too so you may as well remove it!

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Lwiddis

Veterans’ Park, Monterey, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/07/19 10:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Take them off!

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

B.O. Plenty

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/07/19 10:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I took all that advertising junk off of mine. I did leave the RVIA sticker by the door. Hate all that junk. Nobody pays any attention to it anyway.
B.O.

Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Are these stickers needed??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS