cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Trailer Recommendations

FurianXO
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all, we are in the market for a small 4-6 sleeper travel trailer. I would be pulling with a 2014 RAM 1500, so want something 16-22 feet. I've been doing some research, but figured I would ask the pros. Currently, I have my eyes set on an Arctic Fox, or Camplite, but want to be sure I'm not missing out on any other really good campers.

Here are my requirements:

• All season. Mainly looking for something that I can dry camp with during the winter (I'm in CO.) If there is anything out there that can handle using the plumbing CO winters, even better.
  • No exposed pipes... figured this goes with requirement #1.
  • Slide out.
  • Sleeps at least 4, bunk beds preferred.
  • Durable. I like the all aluminum construction of the Camplite. Our last camper was rear ended on our 2nd trip out (to grand canyon) with it, and it was totaled. It was a Forest River vibe. I realize that most campers probably cannot handle a rear end collision, but the more durable the better.
  • Must have toilet, shower, and kitchen.
  • Can handle the occasional rough roads common in CO.
7 REPLIES 7

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
wanderingaimlessly wrote:
Add Outdoors RV to your list, and if you boondock, look at them hard. larger tanks and beefier frames than most.

This would be a good option.

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
I 2nd the Outdoor RV recommendation.....looking at them myself.

FurianXO
Explorer
Explorer
wanderingaimlessly wrote:
Add Outdoors RV to your list, and if you boondock, look at them hard. larger tanks and beefier frames than most.

That will be the majority of our camping. Thanks for the suggestion! Looking at the 18RBS now.

FurianXO
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B wrote:
IMHO All-Season is a misnomer. 3+ seasons might be a better description. I would not want to be in an RV in a Colorado winter; any RV!

I understand it isn't optimal, its mainly just a place to sleep during the ski season when i want to do a whole weekend. I would be more worried about road conditions than getting cold at night 🙂

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
IMHO All-Season is a misnomer. 3+ seasons might be a better description. I would not want to be in an RV in a Colorado winter; any RV!
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
My 2013 Camplite 21BHS has been excellent and would fit your needs well with the exception of 4 season. However if you are dry camping in the winter, it may work; others do it. I tow mine with a 2009 Ram 1500 and have been all over the country. Unfortunately, since they are no longer made thanks to Thor; they can be difficult to find. I would look at a pre-Thor model, 2013 or older, possibly 2014. Look for the aluminum roof and aluminum floor to make sure the cost cuts aren't there.

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer