cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cookbooks for young cooks

LindaAnn
Explorer
Explorer
Hope this is okay to post because it's not really about camping/RV cookbooks.

We have some friends whose little girl (around 8 years old) loves to cook and has attended a "young chef" cooking class. I would like to give her a cookbook with fairly easy basic recipes. I've searched the internet and many of the children's cookbooks are either too simple or too detailed! If anyone has suggestions, I would appreciate...
Thanks.
9 REPLIES 9

hokeypokey
Explorer
Explorer
JRscooby wrote:
Eight years old? What is the problem with her using the same books her mother would use? May need to pick the simpler recipes to start, but she would learn more from reading to chose.

Agree here

booo193
Explorer
Explorer
Hi! i want to recommend Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipes
Really tasty and flavor chicken! Try)

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Wife is trying a lot of different receipt books and from magazines and internet.
They seem to be written by some who say that looks delicious.
I get one cookbook from someone here. Can't remember her name but I have it under contacts, that has some good receipts. Best one seems to be a Good Housekeeping Cookbook. Mama got it in Home Eck probably in the thirties a thick big gray with light yellowish binding cook book from the 30's on back. Everything was made from scratch back then and it even has receipts and how to dress ground hogs an opossum deer and I am not sure what else. I didn't read that part, but my wife was telling me the other evening. I proposed to take groundhog to the family reunion. She let me know in no uncertain terms she wasn't going to cook it.
Mama was a very good cook. After school and on weekends and summers she cooked and kept house for people in the town and one took her under wing and taught here well. When I see my wife using a new receipt from an a magazine open on the counter or one of the new receipts she got somewhere, I sometimes make myself a sandwich and tell her I already ate.

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
There are many easy, simple cookbooks for bachelor, students and people in a hurry.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
When I was young, I used the Betty Crocker Cookbook for Boys and Girls. There were some great recipes in there that I still remember. I know one could use the traditional cookbook, but one made for kids is just plain fun. My kids used it and I bought the updated version.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Assuming she is under adult supervision, no need for special children's cook books.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Eight years old? What is the problem with her using the same books her mother would use? May need to pick the simpler recipes to start, but she would learn more from reading to chose.

LindaAnn
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks...I'll check out the Pampered Chef cookbooks...

belairbrian
Explorer
Explorer
Have you looked at the pampered chef kids cookbooks? Our kids started out with them. Both ended up taking home economics in high school. My son, college senior, still makes the chicken and dumplings recipe he learned.

We gave our books away, but they show up on amazon and ebay used for under $10 used.
TV 2007 Chevy 2500 Long Box Vortec 8.1/Allison or 2016 Tundra Crew Max 5.7L 4x4
2022 Freedom Express 192RBS
Equalizer 4 way WDH, Prodigy 3 BC
USAF Retired
WAR EAGLE