Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: "How did we do" ...everybody wants a survey
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> "How did we do" ...everybody wants a survey

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/25/19 06:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One point I missed is that surveys are used to target you for particular retailer, and services and so forth. They don't ask you who you are because they have that information from sources where you spend money an AT&T and others sell where you live, income where you travel buy fuel, what motels you stay at or RV parks if you use credit cards and even checks. Checks are read at the point of purchase now, more often and it all goes through credit/debit card processors. Plus, I can't cite the source a year or to ago agencies were selling information on your travels from vehicle plate readers. Presumably they stopped that.
Pay with cash at Motels etc they still track you. Requiring Drivers license info and one other piece of id such as credit cards.
And if your credit is not great you won't get as many offers in the mail but will from loan outfits that specialize in high rate, high risk loans, as those Folks are eager for a little cash.
Surveys serve to survey what you might be in the market for or category to be sent offers and....targeted phone calls and emails.
We don't do surveys.

Horsedoc

Dixie --- N. Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/19 07:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Took my Jeep in for service and a day later got an on-line survey of how did we do. I gave a couple of items a 7 (out of a 10 for the best) Danged if I didn't get a phone call from the service departments wanting to know why I gave them a 7 and what they could do better. Turns out there is some corporate person takes samples of various dealerships and my eval came up. He calls the dealership and service calls me.

Fizz

Ottawa, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/19 07:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we bought a new car the salesman mentioned a survey we would get. If I gave him 5 stars he got a $100 bonus.
I had no complaints so he got it.

Now... What if I gave him 4 stars and blew off his bonus.
Would he be as accommodating if I had to deal with him again?

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/19 08:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do not return surveys any more. I did at one time, and they asked for my email address and phone number. Foolishly, I gave them.
Never again!
I got so many advertising emails and phone calls from that one survey that now I refuse to participate. I do not even leave "feedback" on eBay or Amazon purchases.

CM1, USN (RET)
2002 Fleetwood Southwind 32V, Ford V10
Daily Driver: '06 PT Cruiser Turbo
Toad: '05 Wrangler Unlimited
Toy: 1999 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, Auto, 4X4
Other toys: 2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/19 06:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Many companies use the survey to pick who to terminate and/or who to promote. Just so you know.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

patperry2766

Saginaw Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/28/19 07:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hospitals

Medicare will withhold a certain percentage of their reimbursement to a facility based on poor customer satisfaction surveys

I know that the car business can loose out on money from corporate, future inventory and salesman's all the way to GM jobs because of poor CSI scores.

* This post was edited 07/28/19 12:30pm by an administrator/moderator *

Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

ncscz

South Slope Buzzard Roost Ridge

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/28/19 11:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

p220sigman wrote:

Fizz wrote:

Hear a guy on the radio...

He was a tourist in Tokyo and randomly picked a restaurant for a quick bite. Five minutes after he left he got a text asking for a review. Never researched the restaurant and payed cash so how did they know he was there.

Now days, a lot of people have their wifi on all the time so his phone may have talked with the wifi network at the restaurant. Just a thought.

Does not matter if WiFi was turned on or not. If your phone was on, you will be tracked by Google, Apple, Facebook or someone else and your location will be sold by them. Just about every app that is installed will have a 'use location' prompt. Even if you disallow use of location when you install the app, it can get enabled on an update. Updates to operating system files are very good at hiding the 'you approve us to ...' text in the installation/update process.

CarriGo
Model 2320

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/19 12:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I sent in a survey to Dillons/Kroger store with a complaint. They push digital cupons instead of paper cupons. Only trouble with that is a lot of older folks don't have smart phones and cannot get the best price. These people have been long term customers of the store and I felt it wasn't right. Corporate had the store manager call me and he stated they have instructed the cashier's to automatically give the discount to seniors. Without feedback this situation might have not been addressed.

cross21114

Baltimore, MD, USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/19 12:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

p220sigman wrote:

Fizz wrote:

He was a tourist in Tokyo and randomly picked a restaurant for a quick bite. Five minutes after he left he got a text asking for a review. Never researched the restaurant and payed cash so how did they know he was there.

Now days, a lot of people have their wifi on all the time so his phone may have talked with the wifi network at the restaurant. Just a thought.

That's downright scary!

Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
360 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2016 Ford Expedition

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/19 12:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fizz wrote:

And of course what he said was gospel, and factual without a doubt? Maybe he kind of exaggerated to make a point? It happens.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> "How did we do" ...everybody wants a survey
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS