Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Dogs that dont bark at people
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Dogs that dont bark at people

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/19 09:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I love the sign - yes, I have a "Social Butterfly", too. Boomer looks like he's having the best time ever!!!

RGar974417

Robesonia,Pa 19551

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/19 08:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a black Lab,Maggie. She rarely barks. They love her at our bank. They give her biskets and lots of belly rubs.She gets along with people and other dogs. Very docile. But she loves to play ball.

LoudRam

Southern NJ

View Profile

Posted: 07/29/19 01:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pnichols wrote:

Here's our camping buddy at home. She doesn't bark now that we've trained her - but at only around 8 lbs. we have to be real watchful when camping that a bird of prey doesn't come down and swoop her up:

[image]

Is she a Havanese?

Todd
Desert Storm Vet (US Navy)
2014 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4X4
2018 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2880RKS

If you can read this thank a teacher
If you can read this in english thank a vet

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/19 07:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

brianosaur wrote:

We leave this sign in the passthrough and put it up at the edge of our site at the road.
[image]

Booomer always sat there anyway, dying for attention, so we figured let's make it easy for folks that want to say hello.
[image]

By the end of our stay, usually, half of the campground knows him.
He gets 'shout outs' when we walk around. Kids cant get enough. Adults in golf carts stop just to see him. And people tell us that their spouse sent them over just to read the sign and pet him.

[image]

Great ice breaker, and we are pretty social folks who like being friendly.

[image]

[image]

[image]

I love it!! Great idea. I may try it myself.
[emoticon]

I just call my lab mix dog "Stupid" everyone loves calling him by that name. The kids think it's great.

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/31/19 07:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LoudRam wrote:

pnichols wrote:

Here's our camping buddy at home. She doesn't bark now that we've trained her - but at only around 8 lbs. we have to be real watchful when camping that a bird of prey doesn't come down and swoop her up:

[image]

Is she a Havanese?

Yes she is. She's about 2 1/2 years old, she loves to camp, and she is no foo foo dog.

She loves the outdoors and can spend a long time (if we let her) looking and sniffing around ... but always on a leash. If we let her off the leash, she'd chase a deer into the next county and the whole outdoors would wind up stuck in her double coat!!

* This post was last edited 07/31/19 08:01pm by pnichols *   View edit history

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

LoudRam

Southern NJ

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/19 09:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pnichols wrote:

LoudRam wrote:

pnichols wrote:

[image]

Is she a Havanese?

Yes she is. She's about 2 1/2 years old, she loves to camp, and she is no foo foo dog.

She loves the outdoors and can spend a long time (if we let her) looking and sniffing around ... but always on a leash. If we let her off the leash, she'd chase a deer into the next county and the whole outdoors would wind up stuck in her double coat!!

We have a Havanese too. And ours would do the same to a dear, a chipmunk, a rabbit, a squirrel, a groundhog, or anything that runs. Ours is 9 and is still full of energy. They really are great dogs. Very smart to. Almost to smart for their own good.

Pics are in this thread
https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fusea........read/tid/15587999/srt/pa/pging/1/page/63

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Dogs that dont bark at people
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS