cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Insurance?

Nicodemus
Explorer
Explorer
I'm finding Progressive to be on the expensive side for what I'm getting, and checking around for alternatives. Who do you insure with, and how do you rate the company?
12 REPLIES 12

campinrooter
Explorer
Explorer
Progressive has been good to us had two claims no problem at all very easy to deal with just got a policy on the golf cart.

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
We have National General, best price we could find out of insurance companies with Fulltime coverage. Tara
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
Progressive here, too. I actually just switched all my cars (personal and business, total of 5) and saved a ton. My HD truck was by far the most drastic. It was literally cut in half for the same coverage. I had no idea the variation could be so drastic. Apparently, I had tuned out all the commercials years ago :). I had previously been with Farmers.

5th wheel through Progressive was about 1/3 less than Farmers. They also have a lot of options for coverage on RVs - water intrusion, rodent damage, etc.

thomas201
Explorer
Explorer
Geico cheapest for us on a bundle that includes the house, camper, cars, etc. Of course Uncle Warren owes both Geico and Forrest River. We own a second home insured by Nationwide because they have insured it for over 50 years and I cannot beat their price. However they would be very expensive on our primary home and the rest. We have never made a claim, so whether they are good, or not, is an open question.

Nicodemus
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, everyone. I'm checking into USAA as well.

KPetrick
Explorer
Explorer
Nicodemus,

Good Sam Insurance Agency is more than National General. We also offer Progressive, Safeco and Foremost. Where you live, driving record, type of vehicle and credit all are major players in rate. We can check all of them and get you the best coverage at the best rate.

Keith - Director of Good Sam Insurance Agency

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
I'm with others on Progressive. Better/cheaper than company we have everything else with. FWIW, annual fee for rig in sig is 550 for whole kitten-kabutle.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

bigdon68
Explorer
Explorer
We have had Progressive for over 10 years. They have reasonable rates and offer Full Replacement Coverage --- which is had to find these days.

bigdon68

pcm1959 wrote:
I found Progessive by best option with best coverage at best price. Goid Sam was several hundred more.
2017 F450 Lariat Shadow Black / Magnetic, LB, 6.7, Chrome Pkg. TS3 Air Hitch, Retrax, 55 Gal.Aux.Tank
2017 DRV Mobile Suites,induction cooktop, solar, f/b paint, MorRyde IS, 17.5" Tires,residential frig, 3" riser, MorRyde Steps

MY PICTURES

CarnationSailor
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take a look at PEMCO. I haven't found any company with lower rates, and they have been good to me.
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Progressive here too.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I used to have Good Sam (National General) but Progressive has been my best option for the past few years.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

pcm1959
Explorer
Explorer
I found Progessive by best option with best coverage at best price. Goid Sam was several hundred more.
2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
St Augustine, FL