cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new to me camper.

specta
Explorer
Explorer

I decided my other camper wasn't worth fixing so I bought this one to replace it.

Its a 1995 Lance 945 11'3" with a built in generator.

It needs some cleaning and some other upgrades. Should be camping in it pretty soo. 😄
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.
110 REPLIES 110

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
We have pictorial HERE but those valves are hard to buy lately, so for my latest conversion I bought diverter valve on AMAZON and mount it under the sink.

specta
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
Do yourself a favor and install thermostatic bathroom valve.
You will love it for convenience and water saving.

Thanks for the advise, I'll look into it.
Kenny

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Do yourself a favor and install thermostatic bathroom valve.
You will love it for convenience and water saving.

specta
Explorer
Explorer

I bought two new batteries today. I went camping and figured that they should hold up longer than they did.

One of them was used and came out of a 5-th wheel at the dealer that I bought my camper from. It was a Duralast, or was it a Willitlast or Canitlast or Hopeitlasts. I'm sure it was junk.

The other battery was an Ever Start that I bought back in 2016 for my other camper so I figured it was time for it to go too.

A group 29 is a tight fit inside that little compartment.

And the second group 29 back in the bed.

I only stayed 3 nights and hardly ran the generator, never needed the AC.
It got down into the 40s at night so the furnace ran a bit each night. I went to start the generator this morning and no go.
So I decided it was time for new batteries.
Kenny

specta
Explorer
Explorer
Candice Cole wrote:
The camper has come with ***Link Removed***. I have it from them last week.

What link was removed??

Not so sure I know what you mean..
Kenny

Candice_Cole
Explorer
Explorer
The camper has come with ***Link Removed***. I have it from them last week.

specta
Explorer
Explorer

Back in Feb I replace the original mattress with a LINK Olee Sleep 10 inch Omega Hybrid Gel Infused Memory Foam and Pocket Spring Mattress

Along with my Beddy's Bedding it is now really comfy. 😉

Today I replaced the bathroom faucet, hose and shower head.
Kenny

specta
Explorer
Explorer

Back in May I added these two mud flaps. The helped a lot but didn't stop all the rocks that were getting flipped up onto my ATV trailer.

So in Oct I added two more. Stopped the rocks but not the dust.
Kenny

specta
Explorer
Explorer

When I bought the camper here's the anode rod I took out and all the junk that I flushed out of the water heater. I knew it was going to be short lived. 😞

It finally started leaking a bit while I was camping. It only dropped when the pump was on.

Looks like its been seeping for a long time.

So I ordered a new one and they sent me the wrong one. I sent them an email and they emailed me a return label and shipped the correct one right out, even before they received a tracking number for my return.

Within a few days after receiving the correct water heater I received a second one.

So once again I sent them an email to let them know they sent an extra and here's their reply,

"Kenny,

We just really enjoy sending you water heaters! Haha, I am very sorry again for the mix up. I've attached a return label that you can use to send the extra back to us. Thank you for your honesty Kenny, it is greatly appreciated!

Have a great day,
James"

Flair Distribution - I highly recommend them for any RV needs.

The new water heater is a 3-way. I didn't bother to hook up the 110v side.

I was always surprised that my camper didn't come with a water heater that you could start from the inside. Another happy addition.
Kenny

specta
Explorer
Explorer
notsobigjoe wrote:
What a great job refitting your new camper. I love my Lance and hope you will too. The coffee Booze bar looks like my old days but been a long time since I was able to enjoy that. It brings back memories though! Take care and have fun camping.
Joe

Thank you Joe. I love this camper. Its perfect for me.

It ended up being a lot more than I had hoped for and that counter space is awesome.
Kenny

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
What a great job refitting your new camper. I love my Lance and hope you will too. The coffee Booze bar looks like my old days but been a long time since I was able to enjoy that. It brings back memories though! Take care and have fun camping.
Joe

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Mine’s got an aluminum roof as well, although with the top surface painted white (came that way). I think Lance started using TPO roof membrane about 2005 when they started building the Max models with “Lance Lock” aluminum frames.

I’ve always appreciated it. It’s got some nice hail dents in it. It’s also one of the handful of reasons I just continue to hang on to it, rather than buying a new TC.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 ‘Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam types………..Let’s Go Brandon!!!

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
I'm done thinking about it. I'm not going to put a coating on my roof. Just one more thing to "maintain"

What's there to maintain,coat it and forget it..I do check around the vents and hatches but I've never had to reapply around them like you would with other methods..Like that lawyer on TV,one call that's all...lol..Although I have three coats on it,all in one day.
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

specta
Explorer
Explorer
specta wrote:
jaycocreek wrote:
Agreed on the one piece roof...I put roof coating on mine to help with the heat and seal also..

I've been thinking about doing that to mine.

I'm done thinking about it. I'm not going to put a coating on my roof. Just one more thing to "maintain".

jimh425 wrote:
Wouldn’t the aluminum color reflect heat better than white? What did Lance switch to from aluminum in those aluminum campers for the roof?

Not sure which one would reflect the heat better but I think the coating would end up cracking or spitting and need to be redone or touched up periodically.
Besides, if it gets hot inside I just fire up the AC. 🙂

I have no idea what they switched to. I just remember Scott telling me that he wished Lance would have kept with the aluminum roof. Probably because its one piece so no seams and its maintenance free.
Kenny