cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Suggest a sewer hose kit.

JoshuaH
Explorer
Explorer
We are going to be camping for 9 days at a site with full hookups for the first time in about 3 weeks. Previously we had always done shorter trips and we just used the tanks, and then I used the hose that came with the used camper we bought at a dump station.

The hose that came with the camper is good enough for just dumping at the station, but I know it isn't in good enough shape to leave setup full time at hookups.

I don't want to spend a ton of money as we will probably be replacing this camper in a few years with a new one, so I just want something good enough to get by until then, but not something so cheap I'm going to have problems.

Should I get the stand that keeps the hose elevated?

Just looking for suggestions.

Thanks!
28 REPLIES 28

macjom
Explorer
Explorer
I'm very pleased with Rhinoflex. Good quality and easy to work with.

DM6156
Explorer
Explorer
theboondork.com wrote:
I'll join the long list of Rhino owners. I'm a full-timer so dumping tanks is a big part of my life, and the Rhino hose is my favorite of all the hoses I've used, and the fact that you can buy the hoses and the parts at Walmart anywhere in the country is a big plus.

I've got one of the stands that keeps the hose elevated and I can only remember using it once in the last five years, but I boondock most of the time.

theboondork.com

I've only ever used the stand when at sites with full hookup.

I'm fairly new (about 1.5 years experience now) and the rhino is the first setup I bought. As pointed out, it's available in many places including walmart (and ACE hardware) which is nice if you forget to repack one of the fittings and don't realize it until you're getting ready to dump.

theboondork_com
Explorer
Explorer
I'll join the long list of Rhino owners. I'm a full-timer so dumping tanks is a big part of my life, and the Rhino hose is my favorite of all the hoses I've used, and the fact that you can buy the hoses and the parts at Walmart anywhere in the country is a big plus.

I've got one of the stands that keeps the hose elevated and I can only remember using it once in the last five years, but I boondock most of the time.

theboondork.com

samkresslein
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know what in the world you're doing to your sewer hose to make it fall apart like that. I'm a full timer and I've been using the same "orange" sewer hose for five years, and if it ever does leak I'll go to Walmart and get another one for 20 bucks. What you have there is a solution looking for a problem.

Puttin
Explorer
Explorer
teejaywhy wrote:
Just bought a new TT and waste dump will be a new experience for me.

Research on sewer hose leads me to the Rhinoflex.

The 20' version is two 10' sections joined together. In my mind, the fewer connections the better. The other version is a 15' single hose.
Q: Is 15' generally long enough?

I am also intrigued by the WasteMaster / DrainMaster type which uses a Cam Lock fitting. Supposedly a fluid transfer "industry standard."
Q: Anyone using these? Obviously more expensive, but better? Less prone to accident? The existing waste fitting has to be modified. Problem?

I have the Polychute- which was the Cadillac before Waste Master came along. It's the same construction though with the head permanently attached (has integrated sewer donut and shut off valve). It's going on 10 years with no issues. It was priced similarly to the new Waste Master as well. The real difference between the two is the cam lock. Mine has the standard bayonet but has never leaked. You'd have to look at other reviews to determine if it's a good system. My blogger friend Ray Burr has used his for a few years now and seems to like it. You can watch his videos on it here:

Waste Master mods

THANKS!

NEOK
Explorer
Explorer
We've been using the Valterra Dominator hoses and been very pleased with the way they have held up.
neok
2009 GMC 25000HD Short Bed 6.0 Gas Engine Crew Cab SLT 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 15C9.5FS
Torklift Talons, Fastguns, Stableload Quick Disconnects, Superhitch & SuperTruss

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
+1 on rhino from me. I had an issue with one hose fitting (the 90 deg elbow but it was easily fixed and now good to go. their back flush elbow is awesome by the way.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
teejaywhy wrote:

The 20' version is two 10' sections joined together. In my mind, the fewer connections the better. The other version is a 15' single hose.
THANKS!

I have found that the 15 FT one has been all that I have needed.

I also carry a 5 Ft extension

Quite often just the 5 FT one is all I need. Sometimes I need the 15 foot one. and just once I have needed both.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

wborst
Explorer
Explorer
I use a Valterra Dominator sewer hose. It is very similar to the Rhino Flex. The sewer hose stand will keep the hose out of the gravel which can make pin holes in the hose. It will extend the life of the hose. It also makes it less likely to be damaged by a weed eater. I have been using mine for about eight years and it still is as good as new. I spend about five months per year on the road.

Bill
Brenda, Bill
Our little dog Madison has crossed the Rainbow Bridge
2003 Newmar Mountain Aire 40ft. Spartan chassis
400 hp Cummins ISL

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II

teejaywhy
Explorer
Explorer

I am also intrigued by the WasteMaster / DrainMaster type which uses a Cam Lock fitting. Supposedly a fluid transfer "industry standard."
Q: Anyone using these? Obviously more expensive, but better? Less prone to accident? The existing waste fitting has to be modified. Problem?

THANKS!
The Yost Outpost
Gilbert, AZ
2007 GMC Sierra Classic 2500HD, Duramax LBZ
2019 Nash 23D

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Note that less expensive hoses are made from vinyl and will eventually develop pinhole leaks. Ours did after several years. The better ones are made from TPE like the Valterra Dominator which bought to replace the old lengths. What I like about the Dominator hose is the way it collapses and extends accordian style and stays collapsed. Makes it easier to push into our hose carrier under the frame.

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer
I was a Rhinoflex believer until Camco came out with the more expensive Rhinoflex Extreme. I think they lowered the quality of the original when this happened. I stepped on the hose last year and it creased and started leaking. Switched over to Titan.

HuckleberryHunt
Explorer
Explorer
I previously used a cheapie (unknown brand) successfully. Bought a Rhino kit when we upgraded the trailer a couple years ago and have been happy with it too. Just make sure you assemble it well and take care of it. I don't drag mine, make sure it's not abused and store it in a plastic tote in the hold. So far so good.
2019 Outdoors RV 21DBS
2016 Silverado 2500 Duramax
Equalizer 4-point WDH