Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Truck bed water tank over fender

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
I have seen pics, but not links.
Looking to buy, or make a aux water tank to sit in the truck bed in that spot forward of the fender that TCs leave empty. I think I could get 20 gallons or more of extra water there.

Anyone know of one for sale?
8 REPLIES 8

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
I want to connect it to the plumbing, so refills will drain in from the pipes, slower, but will fill both aux and main at the same time.
Extra jugs if emergency, but then they take up space I don't have to spare. I do not have a side door into the truck bed space.

Does GT have a real web page? FB is pitiful.

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
romore wrote:
How would you refill it without removing the camper or chopping a hole in the side of the box?

It depends on which tank, if you used a standard rv tank, you could jsut put a smaller fill spout on the end of the hose and then pull that over the bed rail to put a hose into when it came time to refill.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
romore wrote:
How would you refill it without removing the camper or chopping a hole in the side of the box?

My TC has access doors in the knee walls on both sides so accessing the space between the TC and the bed is easy for me.

I carry extra water in there myself on the drivers side and on the opposite side my chainsaw and tools for emergencies.

I carry my 'extra' water in grocery store 2.5 gallon plastic jugs, 2 nest nicely side by side in that space with room for 4 if necessary. No tank needed.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II

thedavidzoo
Explorer
Explorer
Not specifically for wheel wells, but came across this site that has other innovative water storage solutions, truck bed in front of camper and also in cab options.

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/water-solutions.html?p=2
2014 Ram 3500 CrewCab Diesel DRW 4x4 4.10 Aisin, Torklift Fastguns, Upper Stableloads, Timbrens
2017 Northstar 12' STC
640W solar, 400Ah lithium LiFeMnPO4 batteries

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
GT Campers make water tanks for the wheel wells...I only found them on Facebook but I decided not to go that route with mine.
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
You should be able to get a tank of your looking for by matching a standard free standing RV fresh tank to the dimenions from PPL Motorhomes, Adventure RV, Tweety's.....

Then you'd just need to add a quick disconnect system to the under side of the wings that ties into a selector valve on your draw line going into your pump.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
You could do this. Payload ok for another 165 pounds...20 gallons?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad