Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Video: Introducing Kitten To The Truck Camper

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
Archie Goes To Truck Camper School
Many of you know we recently lost our cat Charlie to old age. We adopted a kitten, Archie and he's getting bigger fast. We brought him out to the truck camper to get him used to it so he can learn to travel. If this should be posted in the pet forum, moderator feel free to do so. Enjoy. J&K
38 REPLIES 38

K_and_I
Explorer
Explorer
Your video reminds me of that saying, "It's like herding cats."
K_and_I
2011 Rockwood 2604
Nights Camped in 2019: 85
Do we have time for shortcuts?

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
:E Theyโ€™d all bite you if they heard you call their favorite perch a toilet! They compete for that seat. :B

Selina only sniffs my beer. Sheโ€™s giving me her โ€œsmack myselfโ€ expression after I agreed with her that the Stella I just drank was indeed a (shudder) light beer. โ€œI told you โ€œLegereโ€ means โ€œlightโ€ in French, you big dummy!โ€, she said.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
NRALIFR - is getting her drunk the only way she'll visit the hanging toilet box? ๐Ÿ™‚
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Just make sure you train them right. No light beers! :B

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

Eric_Lisa
Explorer II
Explorer II
Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli wrote:
...He will earn his own place in our hearts.

They really, really do. 'Oscar' (going waaaay back) has a memorial plaque under the tree... "He left paw prints all over our hearts".

Jack has two big paw prints to fill. He is well on his way, and I look forward to sharing the journey. I took him for a walk in the woods today and we stopped by the tree. It is strange, but somehow I think he knew it.

-Eric
Eric & Lisa - Oregon
'97 Silverado K2500, New HT383 motor!, Airbags, anti-sway bar
'03 Lance model 1030, generator, solar,

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli wrote:
toedtoes wrote:
The Cat went on his first camping trip this past week. We drove out to the Lost Coast area of King Range. Long drive. He did have problems with the carrier and ended up screaming and twisting in it. So he came out on his leash. At that point, he went to the back of the SUV and slept with the dogs for the rest of the way.

Didn't need to use the crate at all. Bat-dog was very good with him the entire time. At camp, he had his tether and came in and out of the camper as he liked. It let him check out the grass and logs, but not get into any of the burrows under the logs. He made a lot of friends around the camp. Whenever he came outside, he first checked to see if the two dogs across the way were out - if so, he hung out at the door. If not, he explored his campsite.
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/recent/p4cyvfULR5iF2DQgdl1kNw
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/recent/J_TfsEQ5QpiqJsTCcg4_BQ
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/recent/tBuK5UMSTuuOmkjSaYA5BQ

That is a cute little bugger.

Thanks. He is now training The Cat in Training to be a camping cat too.

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
qtla9111 wrote:
We lost our 19 year old to kidney disease this year. He traveled with us from the time he was three months old. He had been all over the U.S. and Mexico. He loved riding in the car, taking walks, being in the trailer even when it was just parked in the driveway. I'd let him in for a couple of hours and then go get him. Sometimes he didn't want to come out.

Cats are good traveling companions.

I was very fond of Charlie. Doubt I'll ever have a pet like him again. Archie is still developing socially. He will earn his own place in our hearts.

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
toedtoes wrote:
The Cat went on his first camping trip this past week. We drove out to the Lost Coast area of King Range. Long drive. He did have problems with the carrier and ended up screaming and twisting in it. So he came out on his leash. At that point, he went to the back of the SUV and slept with the dogs for the rest of the way.

Didn't need to use the crate at all. Bat-dog was very good with him the entire time. At camp, he had his tether and came in and out of the camper as he liked. It let him check out the grass and logs, but not get into any of the burrows under the logs. He made a lot of friends around the camp. Whenever he came outside, he first checked to see if the two dogs across the way were out - if so, he hung out at the door. If not, he explored his campsite.

That is a cute little bugger.

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Eric&Lisa wrote:
Eric&Lisa wrote:
...We have only been camping twice since we lost him. The camper seems empty without him. DW is against another cat (even though she wanted our first cat back in 1995), because she is afraid of the impact it will have on her recently remodeled house. Makes me sad as I miss the companionship.

The iceberg melted and DW agreed to a new companion! Happy, happy, happy!

Introducing Jack!

He is compliments of my nephew's cat which snuck out over the summer and came home happy. He has had human interaction since as soon as his mother allowed it. He is very well adjusted and as well behaved as anyone could expect from a kitten. Car rides are no big deal, he just sits on the center armrest and hangs out. He is well on his way to learning his name, and 'kitty, kitty' is already locked in. A quick learner.

And this past weekend he got his first camping trip. We were at a Halloween party fundraiser on Saturday. Took the camper along as a changing room and for the crash after a night of indulgence. Jack was totally cool and made the camper his domicile.

Really happy to have a new companion back in our lives. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Eric

Jack is adorable!!!

Check out yellowdogdesigns.com for harnesses and leashes. I'm not affiliated with them. They have a ton of patterns and colors. I got the 3/8" wide 5 ft leashes and the Roman H harness for The Cat and The Cat in Training.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
We lost our 19 year old to kidney disease this year. He traveled with us from the time he was three months old. He had been all over the U.S. and Mexico. He loved riding in the car, taking walks, being in the trailer even when it was just parked in the driveway. I'd let him in for a couple of hours and then go get him. Sometimes he didn't want to come out.

Cats are good traveling companions.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Eric_Lisa
Explorer II
Explorer II
Eric&Lisa wrote:
...We have only been camping twice since we lost him. The camper seems empty without him. DW is against another cat (even though she wanted our first cat back in 1995), because she is afraid of the impact it will have on her recently remodeled house. Makes me sad as I miss the companionship.

The iceberg melted and DW agreed to a new companion! Happy, happy, happy!

Introducing Jack!

He is compliments of my nephew's cat which snuck out over the summer and came home happy. He has had human interaction since as soon as his mother allowed it. He is very well adjusted and as well behaved as anyone could expect from a kitten. Car rides are no big deal, he just sits on the center armrest and hangs out. He is well on his way to learning his name, and 'kitty, kitty' is already locked in. A quick learner.

And this past weekend he got his first camping trip. We were at a Halloween party fundraiser on Saturday. Took the camper along as a changing room and for the crash after a night of indulgence. Jack was totally cool and made the camper his domicile.

Really happy to have a new companion back in our lives. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Eric
Eric & Lisa - Oregon
'97 Silverado K2500, New HT383 motor!, Airbags, anti-sway bar
'03 Lance model 1030, generator, solar,

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
I found that using a cat scratch pad (with catnip) placed in new a abode made our cat immediately adapt to his new home. It somehow tells him "this is home".
History of the cat
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Archie has such beautiful coloring! I love him! And thankfully your training includes a leash and harness. That is very important when traveling. Pets should never be out of the vehicle without being properly restrained. Kudos to you!

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/