cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Awning length

Saskatchewan
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2013 Gulf Stream Visa 19 RSD travel trailer. It is at our camping site a couple of hours drive away from us. I need to know the length of the awning but canโ€™t find a site online telling me what it is. Can anyone help? Thank you!
Remember, you belong to nature, not it to you.
3 REPLIES 3

Saskatchewan
Explorer
Explorer
I should have provided more information as to why I wanted to know the length. I simply want to buy some sort of shading to hang down from it to keep the sun off of us.
Remember, you belong to nature, not it to you.

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
Due to changes RV manufacturers make during production, I would not depend on anything someone else tells you, about the length of the awning. You need to personally measure it.

Awning length is measured not by the length of the fabric, but the center to center distance of the end supports. The material will be 8 to 10 inches shorter than this. The distance out from the RV to the roller fully extended does not matter, that is a standard that all of the awning makers use.

https://www.rvawningsmart.com/faq/

I recently replaced the fabric on my A&E awning on a Thor Freedom Spirit 180 and purchased from RVAwningsmart.com The awnings are not fancy high dollar sunbrella fabric or anything like that (they are fabricated in China), but are at least as good as the original. When I find the trailer I intend to keep, I will spend the bucks for the Sunbrella material.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Why? But looks like about 16 feet.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad