cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Motorcycle carrier for a diesel pusher

jpmanni
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2006 Holiday Rambler Diesel Pusher and we are looking to purchase a motorcycle carrier with a flat tow for our SUV. Looking for advise on what company to purchase from.

Paul
10 REPLIES 10

mackr
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Paul
i have the blue ox which i am trying to sell.Has the electric winch and strapless bike lock.Had a Harley Heritage and flat towed a jeep wrangler with no problems with a 2006 40ft Charleston diesel.Hope this helps.
Mack

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
jpmanni wrote:
We have a 2006 Holiday Rambler Diesel Pusher and we are looking to purchase a motorcycle carrier with a flat tow for our SUV. Looking for advise on what company to purchase from.

Paul

Not what you're asking, but I would consider changing toads to a large pickup truck and for hauling the cycle in the bed.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Been a week with one post and still do not know which HR he has.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

1gvols
Explorer
Explorer
I use a blue ox sc2000 on a 40 ft mountain aire. Works great.

BUB1988
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on your axle capacity you may want to look at Tandum Tow's. We have looked at the lifts, but our bike and lift will put us about 1800# overweight on the rear axle.
We have a 39' DP on a freightliner chassis.

Bill1374
Explorer
Explorer
Had the Overbilt on my Phaeton with great results. Carried my Harley with no problems and still pulled the toad.
KZ Montego Bay in Florida
Rockwood lite up north
2016 HD Street Glide, 12 Fatboy for cruisin

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
We have an Overbilt lift, and love it.

Itโ€™s half the weight of a Hydralift, and is the only carrier that the towbar doesnโ€™t have to be removed in order to take the motorcycle down.

They have many different configurations, depending on what you want to carry... Motorcycle, ATV, golf cart, etc.

The customer service is pretty darn good too.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

William_B
Explorer
Explorer
We had a Hydralift for several years, worked well. I think the best lift, but you don't say what model coach you have. You need to calculate the weight of the lift and the bike hanging off the rear to be sure your coach can carry it.
Full timing since 2004
2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45' DD Series 60
2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Limited

Our Blog

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I carried a Vespa 150 on a cheap motorcycle carrier behind my tow car. My hitch max rating is 350# which is twice what the scooter weighed.

My buddy has a Versahaul rack that goes in the RV receiver then you connect toad to that. Not sure what the weight limit is. He carries a Helix 250 on it.

I donโ€™t like that the toad is extended but he says he canโ€™t tell any difference.

Another option is a tow dolly with a space for an ATV, golf cart or any motorcycle.
I donโ€™t like dollies but itโ€™s an option.

Yet another option is a pickup as a toad.

I would love to carry a golf cart mice elf.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Which HR? What cycle? What is your rear axle weight? Hydra Lift makes probably the nicest lift with a good hitch.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...