cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How do you feel about your corner bed?

Damdifino
Explorer
Explorer
I love all these 32' units with their walk-around queen beds, but I'm not enthusiastic about their length. So I'm wondering how you feel about...okay, I'll say it--being "stuffed" into your corner bed in a shorter coach? Is it a constant hassle to make up? Do you use sleeping bags? Where do you get bedding?
2014 Arctic Fox 22H.
2009 Toyota Land Cruiser URJ200 Series
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
22 REPLIES 22

Bea_PA
Explorer
Explorer
We downsized from a pusher to a 24 with a corner bed, had a trailer with 1 , years ago and hubby had a MH with a corner bed. we just use a travel sack and I sleep on the outside since I get up at night. We are in our 80's. I like not having to tow a car and can park most anywhere.
Bea PA
Down sized Winnebago 2012 24V Class C
2003 Gold Wing 1800 recently triked (Big Red)

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm in Oshkosh WI for the airshow. I flew in, the DW drove and she prefers the C over the A, so that's what she brought.

A friend stopped over (who also has a C the same as ours) and commented on how I have the bed made up "backwards", I have the pillows against the kitchen and my feet against the back wall.

I told him how as a single (which I am most of the time in the C) it's soooo much easier to get in & out that way and you have the counter behind your head for a 'nightstand'. Even as a couple it's still easier IMHO, and the outside person has to get up to let the inside person out regardless.

He said he tried it & why the heck did he not do that years ago!!! LOL

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
ron.dittmer wrote:
Our 2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350 (measures 23'-8" long, end to end) has a rear corner bed. Admittedly it's not ideal. Not just limited access, but the width of the bed is not so wide either because the over-all width of the brand rig is less than nearly all other class C's. But we are not big people so it works for us this past 12 years. In our 60's today, we don't have a problem to-date. It's what we had to compromise in order to have the rest of the rig work perfectly for us including fitting in our under-the-house garage. CLICK HERE to see many pictures of the inside, outside, and the rig inside our garage. It has been a joy to own and travel in, even with the bed being what it is. We special-ordered the rig without a slide out and we still appreciate the benefits with that decision.

I looked at your photos. Super nice RV and storage too! I think I would put up with a corner bed under those circumstances.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
bobm253 wrote:
We went from a 24 ft m/h with only dinette sleeping and pull out couch. Really disliked that setup after awhile with making bed each night and then converting them back in the morning. When one got up, the other had to as well.

Wife wanted a dedicated bed. So we went up to 26 ft with a corner bed and she loves it. Got extra wide sleeping bags and we're all set. No making beds up anymore and she has a tv back there as well. Me, I use the overhead with an extra wide sleeping bed. Problem solved for us. For us, don't see a real need for a walk around bed.
Boy oh boy, you sound exactly like us from 1983 to 2007, yet we dealt with that inconvenience all those years. We got lucky in 2007, stumbling on the 2350 Phoenix Cruiser at a local RV show.

bobm253
Explorer
Explorer
We went from a 24 ft m/h with only dinette sleeping and pull out couch. Really disliked that setup after awhile with making bed each night and then converting them back in the morning. When one got up, the other had to as well.

Wife wanted a dedicated bed. So we went up to 26 ft with a corner bed and she loves it. Got extra wide sleeping bags and we're all set. No making beds up anymore and she has a tv back there as well. Me, I use the overhead with an extra wide sleeping bed. Problem solved for us. For us, don't see a real need for a walk around bed.

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350 (measures 23'-8" long, end to end) has a rear corner bed. Admittedly it's not ideal. Not just limited access, but the width of the bed is not so wide either because the over-all width of the brand rig is less than nearly all other class C's. But we are not big people so it works for us this past 12 years. In our 60's today, we don't have a problem to-date. It's what we had to compromise in order to have the rest of the rig work perfectly for us including fitting in our under-the-house garage. CLICK HERE to see many pictures of the inside, outside, and the rig inside our garage. It has been a joy to own and travel in, even with the bed being what it is. We special-ordered the rig without a slide out and we still appreciate the benefits with that decision.

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
Our little, but loud, Morkie gets us up at 2-3 AM to take her out to relieve herself. I'll probably sleep on the open side of corner bed to take her out without much gymnastics. We use two trav-sacks zipped together,and don't make the bed. Choice of bed type and side access should take age/agility and need to get up and go during the night as well as general comfort.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
JusBud wrote:
Our 1st rv was a Class A 27' Winnebago with a corner bed
It didn't take long to get our 2nd rv with a normal bed lol

I laughed out loud at this because that's exactly what happened to us!
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty much a deal breaker for my wife because she wants that bed made and to walk around it. We have a 30 ft. Class C.
Jayco-noslide

ADAD437
Explorer
Explorer
i have one and hate it, uncomfortable, hard to make up, if you sleep on the wall side you have to be a contortionist to get in and out. if we ever get rid of it you could not give me another one.

James,Gail & Pancho
2005 georgie boy Pursuit

๐Ÿ˜›

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
we just got a 26 foot and it has a queen walkaround that sits cross wise not front to back it is perfect

neschultz
Explorer
Explorer
Expyinflight wrote:
I'll bet a lot of how many people feel about the corner bed.....depends on their age.

Yep, Those young people hate it. Iโ€™m 71 and loved it.
Norman & Janet with Minnie the Weiner Dog
2005 SunnyBrook 38 BWQS 5th Wheel (stationary in FL for snowbirding)

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take out a pen and piece of paper and try to sketch Class C floorplans, with these conditions:

1. 24 feet maximum length for go-anywhere compactness.
2. no slides
3. floor height permanently available approximate queen size bed not counting the cabover
4. dinette or U-lounge
5. 6 cf or larger refrig
6. cooktop with MW or CO above and oven or storage below, and an end flip-out
7. twin or single kitchen sink
8. the usual bathroom area with shower, toilet, sink, cabinet, etc.
9. one or two floor-to-ceiling closets
10. maybe even a lounge chair, not counting any swiveling cab seats

and .... you'll probably find from your sketching attempts that a corner bed is the only way to have it.

Our 24 footer - since small but with no slides is what we wanted - has all of the above including the number 10 lounge chair (we don't have any cab seats that swivel). However, because of her bad back the DW gets the entire corner bed to herself and it is easy for just one person to use. I make up it's foam topper with clean sheets whenever needed. The corner bed mattress remains permanently covered, so there is no need to get under or handle the large and heavy mattress itself. I'm able to use the overhead cab bed all to myself, which is plenty of room and easy to make up for camping and put away for travel. I'm around 6'2".

So what we have is two approximately size queen beds and an additional guest full size bed quickly made from the dinette, plus all the other motorhome conveniences ... all in 24 feet. However, the longest time we've ever spent in it so far has been only about a 10 week trip.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

Expyinflight
Explorer
Explorer
I'll bet a lot of how many people feel about the corner bed.....depends on their age.
2017 Winnebago Spirit 25b