cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I need to setup a 2007 Chevy Tahoe for towing.

Gundog
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a nice low mileage 2007 Chevy Tahoe to pull behind my 05 Fleetwood Expedition. I have a 10,000 LBS towing capacity on the coach. I got a Ready Brute tow bar with the coach when we bought it but I am missing some parts. I need the base plates and the brake cable that attaches to the vehicle brakes.

I was going to tow my old car with a dolly but decided to buy a different car.

Anyone on here tow a vehicle this size with the same Ready Brute setup Tahoe, Yukon, Durango or Explorer?
2005 34' Expedition Cat C7 Allison 3000
6 REPLIES 6

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Good to know. As far as the brake lights with the key off. I wouldn't worry about that. With the harness you installed the brake lights will come on with he MH lights.
Glad everything worked out.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Gundog
Explorer
Explorer
I finally got out with this setup and it worked great. I am finally able to tow my Tahoe with my MH and the wife and I found it great to not have to move the MH until we were ready to drive home.

Gundog
Explorer
Explorer
I have a question regarding the need of the brake relay on my 2007 Tahoe. What I found is the brake lights do not come on when the key is off on this vehicle and the brake pedal is pushed. The brake lights only come on when the ignition is on. I plan to test it when my wiring harness comes in. I am thinking I may not need to install the brake relay kit which I already bought and cut open the package. I would rather not cut into my wiring harness on my Tahoe if I don't have too.
Mike

Gundog
Explorer
Explorer
I finally bought the parts to start getting my Tahoe setup. I installed Demco base plates and installed those yesterday. Today after church I plan to install the breakaway cable for the Ready Brute and the main braking cable. I also purchased the Roadmaster brake relay kit to isolate the toad braking light system. I am waiting for a wire harness to come in that plugs into the toad tail lights. I should finally have this complete in the next week.
Mike

Gundog
Explorer
Explorer
CA Traveler wrote:
Likely, do a search. You'll probably have to buy a new base plate and cable and wiring. And break away equipment.

I did a search and didn't find anything.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Likely, do a search. You'll probably have to buy a new base plate and cable and wiring. And break away equipment.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob