cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Estimated generator price

jalichty
Explorer
Explorer
Guys, a friend of ours died recently and has a Yahama 2000 generator that is very lightly used and about four years old. Went over yesterday and it started with about three pulls after sitting for two years. It ran great but the widow wants to sell it and was wondering what kind of price would be appropriate. Any help would be much appreciated.
John A. Lichty
34 REPLIES 34

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our dual air fiver no longers served our Yamaha EF2800I. Had no bites at $750, finally sold it at $600. No scratches, a cover, and less than 100 hours. I can't see a 2000 bringing that much.
With the economy booming, used stuff is getting harder and harder to sell. Internet scams aren't helping. People just don't want to deal with CL and other forums.
Puma 30RKSS

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Try no need for wasting 1500 watts. Love the noir part for using the sun. Could't write fiction worth ten cents.

mordecai81
Explorer
Explorer
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
Horsepacking I saw a young lady carry a 5 gallon water jug away from where she dunked it into a lake. She washed her hair spread out an emergency space blanket then laid down on a granite slab hair splayed out on the shiny blanket and 15 minutes later she arose her waist length hair apparently dry.

Re-write that story a bit and youโ€™d have a good beginning to a pot-boiler or maybe a noir detective story;)

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Horsepacking I saw a young lady carry a 5 gallon water jug away from where she dunked it into a lake. She washed her hair spread out an emergency space blanket then laid down on a granite slab hair splayed out on the shiny blanket and 15 minutes later she arose her waist length hair apparently dry.

mordecai81
Explorer
Explorer
At a NP campground right now with our Champion 3100. I bored my wife to tears on our after dinner walk around the loops with me pointing out all the different inverter gens being used. About 3 out of 5 were Honda 2000s. They are quiet under low load, but you could definitely tell when the reefer on electric kicked in. To be fair, when my wife cranks up her hair dryer in the morning the Champion really digs deep and throaty.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
solismaris wrote:
troubledwaters wrote:
Gulfcoast wrote:
$600 sounds fair to me
Good Luck with that. I can buy a brand new Champion for that price.

Champion? Ha! They should not even be allowed in campgrounds - too loud! Quietness and efficiency are among the many reasons Yamahas and Hondas are so expensive - and worth it. I'd be very comfortable paying 1/2 original price for a 4-year-old Yamaha - provided it is tested under load as described in previous post.

Champion makes many different INVERTER generators that are very quiet. in fact, Champion has been more responsive to the RV community, than Honda or Yamaha.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
cpaulsen wrote:
My new Champion 2200 watt inverter generator was 350.00 brand new.

never seen a Champion 2200w inverter generator. 2000w yes, 2200w no.
do you have a link?
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

solismaris
Explorer
Explorer
troubledwaters wrote:
Gulfcoast wrote:
$600 sounds fair to me
Good Luck with that. I can buy a brand new Champion for that price.

Champion? Ha! They should not even be allowed in campgrounds - too loud! Quietness and efficiency are among the many reasons Yamahas and Hondas are so expensive - and worth it. I'd be very comfortable paying 1/2 original price for a 4-year-old Yamaha - provided it is tested under load as described in previous post.
David Kojen

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
My new Champion 2200 watt inverter generator was 350.00 brand new.
cpaulsen

Dodoremi
Explorer
Explorer
How about the quality?
Say hi

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
jalichty wrote:
Thanks for the remarks, talked to our friend's widow and told her that $500 seemed about right, she doesn't need to sell so she can wait for a while if that's what it takes. Let's put this to bed now.

Does she have a backup generator for her house? Maybe it would be good to keep it?

If she keeps it, you might want to help prep it for long term storage so it doesn't get gunked up carb / fuel.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Chum lee wrote:

The OP never stated which genny they actually had either. Others have posted links but here they are again.

https://www.amazon.com/iPower-Yamaha-Engine-2000-Watt-Generator/dp/B07L9N8SD7/ref=asc_df_B07L9N8SD7/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312134265253&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10809345387524383667&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9057137&hvtargid=pla-665065643915&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-EF2200iS-Inverter-Generator-Watts/dp/B07MY4G5QJ/ref=asc_df_B07MY4G5QJ/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=322835433339&hvpos=1o5&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10809345387524383667&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9057137&hvtargid=pla-678694273902&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=67489383554&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=322835433339&hvpos=1o5&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10809345387524383667&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9057137&hvtargid=pla-678694273902

as I and others suspected, your $603 dollar "Yamaha" generator is NOT a Yamaha generator. it clearly says on the side "Powered by Yamaha". that generator is a Chinese-made generator that the only thing Yamaha in it, is the engine. it's a Ai Power inverter generator.

the second one is legit but also costs nearly $1000. so almost $400 more than your $603 fake Yamaha.

many others have got hooked by the clever marketing and blue color, to think it's a Yamaha.

jalichty
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the remarks, talked to our friend's widow and told her that $500 seemed about right, she doesn't need to sell so she can wait for a while if that's what it takes. Let's put this to bed now.
John A. Lichty

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
jalichty wrote:
Guys, a friend of ours died recently and has a Yahama 2000 generator that is very lightly used and about four years old. Went over yesterday and it started with about three pulls after sitting for two years. It ran great but the widow wants to sell it and was wondering what kind of price would be appropriate. Any help would be much appreciated.

Check the comps on Craigslist - and price accordingly.

:C