cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2006 Fleetwood Providence 39L

LTaylor
Explorer
Explorer
We have 1 BR slide that will not extend out & all the overhead lights went out in the BR.My husband has checked the fuse box, seems to be fine. Any ideas? TIA
Linda & Dennis Taylor
5 REPLIES 5

LTaylor
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the input, we have new batteries so donโ€™t think
that is the issue,it is isolated to the bedroom, we have 2 slides in the BR one
is working fine. ??
Linda & Dennis Taylor

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pretty sure it is electric Power Gear.

Lights and slide motor no power sounds electrical.

Batteries good? Engine running?
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, if the fuses & breakers are all OK, it sounds to me like you lost a 12V power connection (or multiple connections) and/or ground connection(s) to that slide. Is the slide electric or hydraulic? I know nothing about the construction of your motorhome and slide, but somewhere there is a wire or wire harness which brings power to the slide from the stationary part of the coach. Hopefully someone familiar with your layout can direct you where to look. If you have a DMM (digital multimeter) it would be helpful to make measurements to see if the +12V power or the ground or both was lost at the slide motor and the bedroom lights which are not functioning.

Good Luck,

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Need more info - are you plugged in, are you dry camping, what type of system, is this isolated to the BR, etc etc. That said - how much charge is in your batteries? Low batts - depending on the system, will not have enough power to run the slide. Your overhead lights are also 12v and again, low battery will affect them. Try running the genset or plug into shore power.

If it's isolated to the BR and other slides/lights work, make sure you check all the fuses/breakers. We had an instance once on an older MH where a GFCI was tripped and I was surprised what else was on that circuit. Took forever to figure that one out.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

cableguy574
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure that motor or pump is ok and runs
2008 National Pacifica V36a
2014 Jeep Wrangler /Brake Buddy
JUST Me & My wife & dogs ๐Ÿ™‚
FMCA 387898
A member of NUTS