cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New camper with very little info on it.

Buffblazer
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone. I picked up a 2001 KZ Sportsmen ultra lite 1901 today. I’m coming from a truck camper so It’s a little bit of a learning curve.

I have no manual or info on the camper and am having a hard time finding any online. I’m trying to figure out if this camper has a grey tank or just a fresh and black. Also how many gallons they should hold. Everything is in good working order but am also still familiarizing myself with everything.

Any info that can help with gaining more knowledge on this unit would be great. Thank you.
6 REPLIES 6

Boband4
Explorer
Explorer
With 2 valves it seems as though 1 is black and 1 is grey. Usually, the black is a larger diameter pipe. Only reason it would be good to know which is black and which is grey is so you will know which one to dump first (black).

Buffblazer
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome I will call them. I have two valves and crawled under and saw 3 tanks so it looks like I have a grey.

fitznj
Explorer
Explorer
Call KZ and give them your VIN - they will help out.
I spoke to them last week and they were very helpful.
Gerry

AutomationIsCom
Explorer
Explorer
romore wrote:
How many dump valves? If two it has separate gray and black tanks.

This is probably the quickest way to find out. I would think you would be able to look under the trailer and pretty easily identify the number of tanks as well. You should see 2 or 3 tanks depending on what the setup is.

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Here's some info on the KZ site for the current model year. Might be a good place to start from. I would call KZ and ask for the specs.

https://www.kz-rv.com/products/sportsmen-classic-travel-trailers/specifications.html

For the individual appliances do a google search using the model number and you'll find owners manuals you can download.

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
How many dump valves? If two it has separate gray and black tanks.