cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

F150 4x4

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Our Edge has 195,000 miles and still doing well but....
I have considered for our next toad an F1504x4 four door v8.
How does it do as a toad? any problems?
5 REPLIES 5

Agpopp
Explorer
Explorer
down home wrote:
Lwiddis wrote:
Your MH can pull the weight? If so, you want to pull that weight? Why the V8?

The F150 is only towable in 4x4, unless they changed that.
And..it use to have to be equipped with the v8.
I prefer the V8 and don't have to worry with typical turbo problems plus low mpg when hauling heavy loads or in the mountains and driveability
Weight is right around what our all wheel drive Ford Edge is roughly 4200 lbs. The F150 is a lightweight being mostly aluminum body now.Not too tickled about the idea of being easily bent or dented but it is light.

Found your post on a search and joined to see what you did. We are coming from a 5th wheel to a class A. We own a 2013 edge awd V6 and am downgrading my truck from a 16 f350 dually to a newer f150 2.7. I see they are only a few hundred pounds from each other and think the f150 would be....

A) Easier to setup...tow hook swap to base plate is easier and 100 bucks cheaper than removing front bumper from the Edge.

B) Simpler to get into tow mode with true neutral and not having to worry about starting every 6 hours and a speed limit.(have heard of some people burning up trannies)

C) Possibly would roll easier due to true neutral.

Only issue is we will have a gas Bounder 35k on a 22k v10 F53. Can we tow either the Edge or F150 effectively with the gas coach?

PS, loved my 2008 v10 f250 that I had before my 2016 6.7 dually. We towed a grand design 317rst with both with no issue.

I think the v10 is a great engine and will get it done.

Let me have it!

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:

The F150 is only towable in 4x4, unless they changed that.
And..it use to have to be equipped with the v8.
I prefer the V8 and don't have to worry with typical turbo problems plus low mpg when hauling heavy loads or in the mountains and driveability
Weight is right around what our all wheel drive Ford Edge is roughly 4200 lbs. The F150 is a lightweight being mostly aluminum body now.Not too tickled about the idea of being easily bent or dented but it is light.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've been towing our 2015 for 4 years now-- no issues
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
We started towing our F-150 4 x 4 extended cab V6 about 18 months ago so we could haul our Harley Trike in the bed of the truck. So far, no problems. It tows very well although we have noticed that it tracks differently than our old Honda minivan did. Used to be if the coach made the turn, then the van made the turn. Not so with the F-150. We had to stop going to a fuel stop we used to use because the F-150 required more room to make a turn.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad