cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tap Shifter for the ford 5-speed 5r110w transmission ?

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
I found this product for the Ford 5 speed torque shift transmission but its for the Ford diesel truck with the 5 speed..

Does any know if this would work on the F-53 5 speed transmission..

If not is there one available if so I will buy one in a hot minute..

https://www.dieselperformance.com/shop/product/1031369-tapshifter-exhaust-brake-ford-2003-2007-6-0l-...

:C
5 REPLIES 5

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
They have a toll free number call and ask.

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
You could ask 5 Star to make you a tune with 5th gear not enabled in tow/haul. By setting the shift point very high if nothing else. I thought about that when I had the F53 five speed. Fords not enabling you any way to select 4 was a big annoyance.
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
way2roll wrote:
Can't speak to the compatibility but the F53 has a built in tow/haul mode and acts as an engine brake on descents.

I was wanting it for the paddle shifting part to hold the transmission in any gear..

What I really want is to hold 4th gear and lock out overdrive 5th.

If this company was able to do it on the Ford 5 speed on the diesel than someone should able to do it on the Ford 5 speed gas.

I bet thousands would sell in the 1st year..

I want one...
:B

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Can't speak to the compatibility but the F53 has a built in tow/haul mode and acts as an engine brake on descents.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Well it wont work on the gas Ford 5 speed..

This kit is not intended for E-series vans or on gasoline engine applications. Excursions have exhibited some compatibility issues and are not recommended.
๐Ÿ˜ž