Did you mean:ย 

Tariffs trip up the all-American RV industry

Community Alumni
Not applicable
131 REPLIES 131

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Cummins12V98 wrote:
FAIR is requiring any product entering your Country to be made with the same environmental and labor regulations imposed on your own companies.

We would probably be trading only with Canada, if that were the case. And we would also be paying through the nose for even the most basic products.

This country already transitioned from a manufacturing economy to a service economy. We sell services and technology to other countries and we buy many of their manufactured goods. No amount of tariffs is going to change that.

For the record: I have been involved in manufacturing all my life and my livelihood was mostly dependent on other manufacturers.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I did NOT mention Tarrifs.

Yes it meant BS.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
The American consumer, including me, are hooked on six dollar hammers. Tariffs raise the price to eight dollars and our farmers take it in the pocket. Then, we are hooked on eight dollar hammers.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
d3500ram wrote:
...that's not Barbara Streisand (and what the heck did that mean anyway?).

Uhm, I think it meant to use the initials-monogram as a way to refer on family-friendly forums as a way to call out "Bovine Scatology" or other (ahem) terms that also use first letters of BS?

i like the other answer better.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
BillyBob Jim wrote:

I think it meant that the women workers in other countries are cross-eyed butt ugly hags, with large noses?

BillyBob Jim...funniest line I've heard on these forums in a LONG time!!!
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
...that's not Barbara Streisand (and what the heck did that mean anyway?).

Uhm, I think it meant to use the initials-monogram as a way to refer on family-friendly forums as a way to call out "Bovine Scatology" or other (ahem) terms that also use first letters of BS?
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
BillyBob Jim wrote:
rk911 wrote:
that's not Barbara Streisand (and what the heck did that mean anyway?).

I think it meant that the women workers in other countries are cross-eyed butt ugly hags, with large noses?

:B
Rich
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

BillyBob_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
that's not Barbara Streisand (and what the heck did that mean anyway?).

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
rk911 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
...FAIR is requiring any product entering your Country to be made with the same environmental and labor regulations imposed on your own companies.

no. that's a quality issue that should be left up to the consumer.

That's BarbarStreisand right there!

What the HE!! does "QUALITY" have to do with the environmental and labor regulations that are put on our manufacturers???

we cannot dictate environmental and labor issues to other countries. countries that take short cuts in production that affect the final product, well that's their choice and my choice not to buy. if American consumers don't like labor practices in other countries....thinking Nike....then consumers have the choice not to buy from those mfgs. if American consumers think that mfg X is a polluter then don't buy from that mfg. it's not up to us to dictate to the rest of the world. that's not Barbara Streisand (and what the heck did that mean anyway?). fair and free markets have zero tariffs...the consumer ihas the ultimate say.
Rich
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
rk911 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
...FAIR is requiring any product entering your Country to be made with the same environmental and labor regulations imposed on your own companies.

That's BarbarStreisand right there!

What the HE!! does "QUALITY" have to do with the environmental and labor regulations that are put on our manufacturers???
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Rich
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
irishtom29 wrote:
FlatBroke wrote:
I chose to receive my SS early because you never know the future. Now Iโ€™ve reached the age of the full SS amount I wish I would have waited. My choice, my problem. EVERONE has life choices to make. Make the right one or the wrong one you are responsible for that choice.

Some people have the opportunity to make better choices than others. And elites routinely evade responsibility for bad choices. As do those who use corporations to evade personal responsibility.

it ain't just the so-called 'elites' who, in your opinion, evade responsibility. that affliction is common to all persons in all income levels. wha! wha! wha!
Rich
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
free radical wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
" the USA has been the whipping boy of the world long enough. the goal should be free trade across all borders...let the best product win."

YUP just add FAIR TRADE instead of free trade.

Good idea,,
now who determines what is Fair

Example
US farmers receive 20 bilion in subsidies from the Gov.

Canadian farmers get 0$

Is that fair competition?

FAIR is requiring any product entering your Country to be made with the same environmental and labor regulations imposed on your own companies.

irishtom29
Explorer
Explorer
FlatBroke wrote:
I chose to receive my SS early because you never know the future. Now Iโ€™ve reached the age of the full SS amount I wish I would have waited. My choice, my problem. EVERONE has life choices to make. Make the right one or the wrong one you are responsible for that choice.

Some people have the opportunity to make better choices than others. And elites routinely evade responsibility for bad choices. As do those who use corporations to evade personal responsibility.