cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A truck repair shop gave up 2002 Monaco

devildog1971
Explorer
Explorer
Ambient air sensor is the code showing they have spent a week and three mechanics looking for the sensor . They have talked to cummins in Chattanooga and Freightliner nobody knows where it is located it is a 2002 cummins I S C what to do can't sell it with a warning light on even though it is not a problem
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low
8 REPLIES 8

devildog1971
Explorer
Explorer
the person that worked on it owns 75 tractors and 100 trailers. He finally solved there problem and he has several trucks with the same engine monaco put it under the frame problem solved thank all of you so much
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low

11178adm
Explorer
Explorer
ambient air pressure sensor also referred to as atmospheric pressure sensor is located below the fuel lift pump it may be zip tied to the engine harness

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
It's in the duct between the air filter and the turbocharger.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
devildog1971 wrote:
We have called everyone Cummins in Chattanooga was the first running out of places
I wasn't clear call the mfg. Or take it to a good Cummins shop vs a phone call.

You might consider a coach care shop. However, other than a power plug and keeping the inside clean they may not be any better than a normal Cummins shop.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

don_lou
Explorer
Explorer
Have U tried. https://www.cummins.com/customer-assistance
also when I had a cummins it was 1-800-diesel- don't know if it still works but worth a try
FWIW Don
Don & Louise

devildog1971
Explorer
Explorer
We have called everyone Cummins in Chattanooga was the first running out of places

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Look near the lift pump. It has a three prong electrical plug harness.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have you called Cummins with the S/N? Maybe join the Power Club.

I would hope a good Cummins shop could also easily locate it.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob