Explorer
Explorer
Can each person bring 24 cans each?
41 REPLIES 41

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
weasel4 wrote:
Victoria Bitters beer. Australian, not Canadian but the best beer on the planet.

I agree, that what I was tasting while I was visiting down under a few years back... excellent beer. :B
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

weasel4
Explorer
Explorer
Victoria Bitters beer. Australian, not Canadian but the best beer on the planet.

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
STANG23L wrote:
GordonThree wrote:
gbopp wrote:
Buy beer when you get to Canada. They have some good stuff up there.

I was going to ask, don't they sell beer in Canada?

KOKANEE!

Good stuff.

Here ya go...
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs

STANG23L
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:
gbopp wrote:
Buy beer when you get to Canada. They have some good stuff up there.

I was going to ask, don't they sell beer in Canada?

KOKANEE!

Good stuff.
2014 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
linnemj wrote:
A case of beer in Alberta will cost you about $42 CDN or $31.50 USD.

That $42 case of beer is a 24 pack or a Flat of beer. And price is more like a in BC price for 24 beer where it costs more for booze than in Alberta. ( different tax structure)
A case of beer in the West is a 12 pack.
24 beer are called a flat of beer.
Some will say different, but I have seniority in beer drinking ( grin)
Soup.

wilber1
Explorer
Explorer
A CBSA officer once explained to me they consider how worth while it is to charge duty. There is quite a bit of paper work involved. That is why they will allow a six pack or single bottle of wine per vehicle regardless of how little time you are out of country. Go over that and donโ€™t be surprised to pay. I think the message was, they will allow a certain excess but donโ€™t insult them by going overboard. That was just one officer but based on personal experience, I tend to believe him.
"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

TimnJo
Explorer
Explorer
jfkmk wrote:
Ok, for you beer aficionados in Canada.....Iโ€™ll be in Sardia in September...what do you recommend trying? My preference is a nice strong IPA. Thanks!

https://beaus.ca/

I like Lug Tread, a lagered ale, and Full Time, a nice hoppy IPA. Their website says they're available in the Sarnia LCBO (provincial government liqour store).

Tim
2010 Carriage Cameo 36FWS
2018 Silverado 3500HD D/A Double Cab Dually LT

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
jfkmk wrote:
Ok, for you beer aficionados in Canada.....Iโ€™ll be in Sardia in September...what do you recommend trying? My preference is a nice strong IPA. Thanks!

I have no idea
There are way too many to choose from and I havent try all yet,
prefer imported Czech Pilsner Urquell or Stella Artois also
Rickards red

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
garyhaupt wrote:
Sardia? Is that in Ontario? eeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww........

Gary Haupt

Dang auto correct...Sarnia

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
Sardia? Is that in Ontario? eeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww........

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
JaxDad wrote:
MDKMDK wrote:
They can get a case of 24 for around $15. Some states charge over $20 per case. That's still less than a buck a can.
How much is a 24 in Canada? $40+ $50+ ?
Not exactly giving it away....

Toyota Corolla sedan = $25k

Mercedes E-Class sedan = $50k

So you are saying they are both the same and one is just prohibitively expensive?

I had a 65 Chrysler 300 ( sister ship to the Queen Mary ), I could get 10 bottle of beer up the passenger side floor heating duct.
One night we got pulled over in a road block by the RCMP, I was only 18, drinking age is 19. The cop asked if we had any booze / beer on board... โ€œnopeโ€ we say. Then he says are you sure... โ€œyesโ€....we don't have any beer. .... he smiled....
Then he says my dad had this exact same car, just different colour... are you sure you don't have any ...โ€ beerโ€ .. we flinched.... he heard me say beer instead of booze....
he says step out... he opens the passenger door, bends down and opens the floor vent door.... and 10 bottle of beer come out like a deck of cards.... he counts 10 beer, then looks at us... I could get 11 beers in my dadโ€™s vent... now get out of here.
I still laugh when I tell that story all these years later.
Soup.

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
romore wrote:
Buy at the duty free when coming north, our liquor prices will scare you. You can bring more but the duty on the excess won't make it worthwhile.

Thatโ€™s โ€œIFโ€ there is a duty free where you cross the 49th..
Soup.

PS: the Kokanee Gold is the type of Beer my Cuz in Oregon likes and we take down to when we visit them.
This was picture was taken as a Xmas gift to my Cuz from one of our local Cold Beer and Wine stores. There are a lot of American beers sold up here as well.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
MDKMDK wrote:
They can get a case of 24 for around $15. Some states charge over $20 per case. That's still less than a buck a can.
How much is a 24 in Canada? $40+ $50+ ?
Not exactly giving it away....

Toyota Corolla sedan = $25k

Mercedes E-Class sedan = $50k

So you are saying they are both the same and one is just prohibitively expensive?