cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truss shape for front of trailer

Nathanpbuck
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all. I have done some extensive searching and reading, but have not found the answer. I apologize if this was covered somewhere.

We have a 2001 Terry 29Y. The trailer for the most part is in good shape. However, there was a leak in the front of the trailer and then some really poor fixes. Thus, we have removed the EPDM roof and have reroofed the entire roof with new sheathing. I now know a lot more about what is under our sheathing than I ever wanted to. 🙂

We have NOT completed the front few feet, including the first two trusses. These trusses had been replaced once with 2x4s that were sort of shaped - but I worry about whether they had the right shape on them with the previous repair.

Does anyone have first-hand knowledge as to what the shape of those front two trusses should be? Right now, we have copied the shape of the third truss on the second one, then we have lessened the arch on the first one because it felt as though the siding was going to lay better on it if the arch was less.

Thoughts? Thank you in advance.

Nathan Buck
2 REPLIES 2

Nathanpbuck
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks GrandpaKip.

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
The first truss should be shaped to match and fit the top of the front wall, whether it’s arched or flat. Then gradual changes back.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch