cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DRV water intrusion

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
No dog (or DRV) in the hunt, just a "Gee Whiz" FYI.....
(source = Escapees "General RV Info")

www.rvnetwork.com/topic/134972-drv-5th-wheel-water-intrusion/

๐Ÿ˜ž
23 REPLIES 23

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
BarneyS wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
But itโ€™s all in good fun :B

Fun for you maybe. Additional work for me! :R
Barney

What additional work I have being retired has been welcome :B

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
cummins2014 wrote:

Fun for you maybe. Additional work for me! :R
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
If you think Montana is in the same league as DRV I am happy for you.

Not at all, didnโ€™t say that at all. Iโ€™m saying , I am quoting you โ€œ Top Cabin โ€œ Thatโ€™s a stretch. IMO the Rv industry is pretty junky. I have been pretty lucky with mine . Heard nightmares about them all, DRV included

I will repeat , all that Bling is just that Bling . Please tell me what brand is your water heater , stove ,fridge etc , just curious .

I appreciate you being happy for me , yes Iโ€™m happy with this old Montana , here in Montana ๐Ÿ™‚ But I am most happy with the fly fishing the past two weeks :B

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you think Montana is in the same league as DRV I am happy for you.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
I would use top bling with a DRV , top cabin used on an RV is a stretch. IMO my Montana is solid as any , no major issues, and other then graphics has held up well, after nearly 12 years of ownership. Sitting in it as I speak, here in the best place on earth , Montana , and the Madison River. :B

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, so itโ€™s the vanity slide thatโ€™s being referred to. I still donโ€™t understand why it would be more prone to leaks than the others but good to know.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
pcm1959 wrote:
When referring to the bedroom slide I think reference is being made to the dresser slide at the foot of the bed. I just don't understand why it would be more prone to water intrusion over the other slide-outs.

YES, should have stated that!

I am not sure the exact cause. Just happy mine does not have the bedroom bed end slide.

More weight, less cabinets and a potentially damaging leak. OH a lot more money.

To get some FACTS on the subject I suggest heading over to Thor forum DRV section, 5th wheel forums or Suites Owners International Forum.

Some of the chatter here will not answer your question.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
pcm1959 wrote:
When referring to the bedroom slide I think reference is being made to the dresser slide at the foot of the bed. I just don't understand why it would be more prone to water intrusion over the other slide-outs.

There can't be ,at least on mine there is not, all 4 constructed the same as far the seals, etc .

pcm1959
Explorer
Explorer
2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
St Augustine, FL

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Fuzion had that exact problem due to improper caulking of the bedroom slide. I had to replace the floor, luckily not an impossible job.

The caulking looked fine, but when examined very closely you could see that it had not adhered to the lower sill and allowed water intrusion.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Snip...

Overall DRV Mobile and Elite suites are top cabin.

Except the bedroom slides leak ??. My lower cabin Montana has not had that problem , matter of fact its never had any leaks :C

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
blofgren wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
One biggie is the bedroom slide that I opted NOT to have.

What difference does a bedroom slide make then any other slide.

I donโ€™t understand this either. Cummins, can you please elaborate? We are seriously considering a Mobile Suites for our next fiver and would like as much knowledge as possible.

Sure, their bedroom slide gives MUCH less cabinet space. They give a bit more room at the foot of the bed, never a problem for us without the slide. Only advantage is you can say "I have 4 slides". I only have 3 on my nearly 41' DRV.

Really bad part is they are known to have water infiltration causing rotted floors on the bedroom slide.

Like every other product there are issues. We are lucky to have ordered ours without the slide and have MUCH more cabinetry.

If you are considering new take my advice contact Alicia at Rolling Retreats she will help you build your DRV just how you want it. She has many great ideas. We towed from NW WA to Elk city, OK to order ours.

Overall DRV Mobile and Elite suites are top cabin.

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
cummins2014 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
One biggie is the bedroom slide that I opted NOT to have.

What difference does a bedroom slide make then any other slide.

I donโ€™t understand this either. Cummins, can you please elaborate? We are seriously considering a Mobile Suites for our next fiver and would like as much knowledge as possible.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes