cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Bacon themed recipe

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just got this in my inbox from daughter-in-law. She made these for our Baconlicious July 4th gathering. They were outstanding with a sweet and salty flavor profile.

Apple Bacon Muffins Recipe

Ingredients
• 4 ounces (1/2 cup) butter, softened
• 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 tablespoons cinnamon
• 2/3 cup milk
• 3/4 cup finely chopped apple
• 1/2 cup diced cooked and drained bacon

Instructions
1. Heat the oven to 375 F.
2. Spray muffin cups with nonstick baking spray or cooking spray.
3. In a large mixing bowl with electric mixer, cream butter and brown sugar until light. Beat in the eggs until well blended.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon; stir or whisk to blend thoroughly.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, alternating with the milk. Stir just until blended. Fold in the apple and bacon until blended.
6. Immediately spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling the cups about three-quarters full.

Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, until lightly browned.
Cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then remove to a rack to cool completely.
Makes 12 to 15 muffins.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
3 REPLIES 3

booo193
Explorer
Explorer
Hi!
If somebody want I know How Long to Boil Eggs
Try

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yep the amount is correct. If you want less, use less. The bacon balances the cinnamon and these were tasty.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Shortie3
Explorer
Explorer
Seems like an awful lot of cinnamon for just 2 cups of flour - are you sure the amount is correct? I can see 2 teaspoons, however, 2 tablespoons is kind of overpowering . . . for me. Other than that, it appears to be a delicious way to get your apple a day and daily ration of bacon!