cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Spartan Chassis' 1995-2003 engine instruments

Tailhooker
Explorer
Explorer
My Coach is a 2001 Newmar Dutch Star, diesel pusher on a Spartan Chassis. Specific model is DSDP 3891.
My concern is the multiplexing box that manages all of the engine instruments. Should it fail, all engine instruments fail. Spartan 'obsoleted' this box a number of years ago and there is no alternative part that can be used. Spartan tells me this particular box was used from 1995 to 2003 on the chassis' they provided to RV manufacturers.
The Spartan Part# is 0920-NN1-013 and the Stewart Warner part# is 988H-1.
My question is "has anyone been faced with the failure of this box and what was the resolution?"
Thanks for any insights/thoughts.
Doug
Dwhiteusn@gmail.com
1 REPLY 1

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
https://colawrvsalvage.com/

check this guys out as they may have one and can or answer your questions

Tailhooker wrote:
My Coach is a 2001 Newmar Dutch Star, diesel pusher on a Spartan Chassis. Specific model is DSDP 3891.
My concern is the multiplexing box that manages all of the engine instruments. Should it fail, all engine instruments fail. Spartan 'obsoleted' this box a number of years ago and there is no alternative part that can be used. Spartan tells me this particular box was used from 1995 to 2003 on the chassis' they provided to RV manufacturers.
The Spartan Part# is 0920-NN1-013 and the Stewart Warner part# is 988H-1.
My question is "has anyone been faced with the failure of this box and what was the resolution?"
Thanks for any insights/thoughts.
Doug
Dwhiteusn@gmail.com
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave