cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water hose storage??

Gundog
Explorer
Explorer
I need a new water hose my cheap 50' Walmart hose is a kinked up mess. I did a search looking for a cheap hose reel with no luck. Maybe I just need a better hose but it would be nice if it had a reel to reel it up anyone know where to get something like that without spending a bunch? I found some in the $300+ range but I don't want to spend that much for my water hose.
2005 34' Expedition Cat C7 Allison 3000
16 REPLIES 16

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
D.E.Bishop wrote:
I found one with only one search, I probably wouldn't it but it comes in different sizes and lengths.

Hose

Sounds like from the reviews to fit everyone's bill. Price is a bit high until I count the other hoses I've bought and threw in the bay or thrown away. Don't want to always drag out a 50' hose unless needed, so will have to buy at least two more smaller sizes but 25' is the shortest they show.
Maybe ebay has them cheaper

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I found one with only one search, I probably wouldn't it but it comes in different sizes and lengths.

Hose
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
50 foot hoses are just unruly IMO. I carry a 25' and a 15'. Rarely do I ever need to tie them together but can if needed.

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
The thread prompted me to look on the Internet. I have not found the hose that comes with machined stainless ends this time.
RV water filter store has a lined drinking water hose reinforced but it looks like machined brass fittings, which is better than plated tin but still...
I have been intending to go to a marine store when near one and look at what they have as stainless is preferred around salt water I believe.
Any strong quality hose is going to be a bit stiff. I found two listings for polyurathane hose, imagine the stiffness. I am not able to crawl around under our mh now and figure out how to store a hose reel. Stiffness is not a real big issue on a powered reel of the right size. 50' of hose 3/4" good hose is going to be bulky and heavy. I have one compartment that would be just right....but it houses my electrical cord. Wet Bay may indeed work but would require some work and changing face panels with controls and digging back in deep if need to replace. Camco which CW carries, on Amazon has a nickle plated machined brass blue hose with fax printed black reinforcement cross pattern for 22.00 or so.
There was at leas one moe site probably 100 more, that had industrial food grade hoses cut to length with machined brass ends. At an RV rally, in La several years ago there was a Vendor who made custom length hoses with heavy stainless machined ends, but was using reinforced clear hose which is a no no as algae, and other things likes to grow in it with any sunlight. If you sue 1/2" hose it will be more easily rolled up and should handle all the water we need, if you can find good machined heavy ends, brass plated super thin steel ends are a a real big problem. I didn't see listings for hose reels for RVs this time but they are there for sure.
This is one reason I want a new, faboulous darling, as Zha Zha says coach with hoes an power cords on powered reels. Just push a button and out they come.
Save lot of bending and fiddling with stopping the leaks and replacing hose washers which usually destroys cheap brass plated hose ends. Need a hose, next time I see you I got a plenty in a compartment, wit the thin hose ends, depsite throwing out a great many. They can be coiled easy and thrown in the dumpster easy too.

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
I bought two 25ft Zero G-s in March. Only used one so far. I leave end attached to MH fresh water connection and then after draining all water possible put plug on the other end. with no water in it, it easily coils into compartment below connections. I had one of the blue ones from WM for years, but it was stiff if it was cold and I always ended up getting nasty trying to store it. So far the Zero G has solved that problem.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

Gundog
Explorer
Explorer
I read reviews on the Zero G and there seems to be a lot of problems with them leaking that sucks because I was going to buy one.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
There are different types of hoses, it’s also in how you store it. I still have my original 25ft hose that is 16 years old! It gets coiled after every use. Then I have my 50 footer. It only gets used about once a year. It’s a softer material and kinks easily, very hard to coil.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
I like our Zero-G hose drinking water safe and high quality ends.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Friends use this holder. Stromburg
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Gundog wrote:
I wonder how something like this would work. Link

It doesn't say drinking water but I guess I could replace the hose. The size would fit in my bin. Man it would be nice to just pull out how much hose you need then have it retract.

the one i used was portable, not wall mounted and i replaced the water hose that came with it with white RV water hose.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gundog wrote:
I need a new water hose my cheap 50' Walmart hose is a kinked up mess. I did a search looking for a cheap hose reel with no luck. Maybe I just need a better hose but it would be nice if it had a reel to reel it up anyone know where to get something like that without spending a bunch? I found some in the $300+ range but I don't want to spend that much for my water hose.

Do what I did. Go to Wally world to the electric dept. Get a orange drop cord reel. I have several. Two for my 30 amp cords, and extension, and one for my drinking water hose. They cost in the 10 buck range.

They have a hand hold in the middle that slides as you wind it up. It is a great tool.

Also can be had at any home improvement store. Lowe's ect….
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Gundog
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder how something like this would work. Link

It doesn't say drinking water but I guess I could replace the hose. The size would fit in my bin. Man it would be nice to just pull out how much hose you need then have it retract.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I'm using hoses that stay very flexible even at below freezing temperatures.

Flexzilla Garden Hose, 5/8 in. x 25 ft., Heavy Duty, Lightweight, Drinking Water Safe
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

boogie_4wheel
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna wrote:
BTW Walmart carries a blue hose that is a pretty good hose.
Stainless steel fittings no kink. A little stiff but a good hose.

I'm on my second season of that hose. Agree with the stiffness (it likes to stay coiled up), but it has been kink and problem free.
2005 2500 Cummins/48RE/3.73, QCLB, 4wd, BigHorn, Edge Juice w/ CTS + Turbo Timer,Transgo Shift Kit ISSPro Oil and LP pressure gauges, GDP 20/2 filters, Custom Diesel Steering Box Brace
'10 Forest River Shockwave Toy Hauler 21'
Honda EU3000I Genny