cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Stopover between PEI and Maine

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
In August, after spending about 6 weeks in Nova Scotia and PEI, we will be returning to the U.S. via the Confederation Bridge through NB to Maine.

Looking for suggestions of where to visit/stay for a couple days before we enter Maine. We will have already been to Hopewell Rocks, so I'm thinking somewhere from Saint John to the U.S. border.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara
9 REPLIES 9

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
I'd recommend St. Andrews as well. Nice little town with shopping, seafood and whale watching.
2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for a variety of suggestions! I'll have to discuss with the 3 other people I'm traveling with.

We've seen Hopewell Rocks and the tidal bore in Moncton already. We'll want to get farther west than Fundy Nat'l Park. The islands sound cool, but may be too much to do for our time period. Saint Andrews may fit the bill. Not sure if we'll be driving the way of Saint John River Valley, but I'll present it to the group.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

KrowNB
Explorer
Explorer
Saint John River Valley, away from the main highways, especially between Fredericton and Saint John. Highway numbers 102, 845, 850. Most people drive right on by the most beautiful part of NB and never realize what they missed.

moebedick
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on Little Kopitโ€™s Canadian island tour.
Great fudge available in Lubec!

Little_Kopit
Explorer
Explorer
Grand Manan Is. to Deer Island, to Campobello Island to International Bridge to Lubec, ME.

Islands all have things special and are Canadian.

:B
& I, I took the road less travelled by.

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
X2 for Fundy National Park. You can go see Hopewell Rocks and the tidal bore from there.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
If you're coming out of NB at Houlton, there are some places near there, like Hartland with it's world's longest covered bridge.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
Have you already stayed in Fundy National Park and visited Alma? If not it should be on your list.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

Oldcow
Explorer
Explorer
Saint Andrews is a lovely little town. I have never been but am told there is a nice campground only 10 minute walk to the shops and restaurants.

Oldcow
2013 Outback 300RB TT
2010 Tundra