Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: When to sign and what to sign? New 2019 trailer purchase.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> When to sign and what to sign? New 2019 trailer purchase.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
WTW

Lakeland

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/19 04:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It was an OTD price and all lines add up proper! We even closed with the providing a hitch, equalizer. Think we did good. Now to just set up a delivery date and get thru the pre delivery done and done proper. So far a good experience. Fingers crossed.

Work/live Lakeland, FL
2016 Ram Crew 5.7 Hemi
2019 Grand Design 2150RB
Soon- empty nesting.

Charlie D.

E. Texas-Orange

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/03/19 08:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do not sign until ALL issues you may find are repaired. Yhe old "bring it back and we will fix it" usually results in scheduling 1-2 months down the road and possible delays after it is brought back. Amazing how they can fix issues quickly if a buyer refuses to sign until those issues are repaired.

Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/19 09:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Remember, in general, RV dealers make car dealers look like choir boys.

By delivery, do you mean deliver the RV to you as in you're not driving there and picking it up?

They have their deposit or earnest money. Reckon, I'd wait until PDI, all repairs, etc are complete (you know since they don't repair sht UNTIL someone buys it, there's a reason for that btw).
Then cut the check, hand them a bag of money or finalize the loan with them, however you're paying for it, and sign any paperwork at that time.

You're doing well by being cautious and I'd continue to do so. I'd also be towing it home myself. Then you can make sure brakes etc work before leaving with it too.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

stevemorris

ontario

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/19 07:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"stock number" doesn't a mean a thing!
check and record the VIN number

2017 Ram 1500 4door, 4x4, 5.7 l hemi, 8 speed
2008 KZ Spree 260

SusanDallas

Dallas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/19 07:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I special ordered my travel trailer at a dealership and also had a lot of upgrades added. I got a larger ac unit and fridge, a hot rod installed for electric hot water and special upholstery. I put 1,000 down and didn't sign any loan papers. When the travel trailer arrived at the dealership, I did the walkthrough. Then, I went to the bank and signed the loan papers authorizing them to pay the dealership and took delivery on the trailer.

jffnkrn

peoria

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/19 08:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

i agree with the signing after all is done, completed etc. right before you take it home. Please take some time, you mentioned you only saw it once. MAKE SURE YOU TAKE SOME TIME AND GO THROUGH THE MOTIONS AS IF YOU ARE LIVING IN IT, sit on the toilet, brushing your teeth,go to the fridge, get in and out of bed, watch tv etc, etc, etc. I missed some things on a unit a few years back and traded it in within a month of owning it. Good Luck & Be Safe !!!

WTW

Lakeland

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/19 03:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deal is complete. I am very happy with the dealer. Lazy Days in Tampa. Very relaxed and did everything and anything I asked for! They had no set agenda to control the setting or our time. As the saying goes. We are happy campers!

jffnkrn

peoria

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/19 07:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congrats, Glad all went well with your new home on wheels. Also there is a GD owners forum, jump on it too! ! !

GrandpaKip

Flat Rock

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/19 08:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congratulations. Good to hear all is well.

Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

rhagfo

Portland, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/19 08:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Charlie D. wrote:

Do not sign until ALL issues you may find are repaired. Yhe old "bring it back and we will fix it" usually results in scheduling 1-2 months down the road and possible delays after it is brought back. Amazing how they can fix issues quickly if a buyer refuses to sign until those issues are repaired.

^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^
You loose all your power once you sign the final documents!!!

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> When to sign and what to sign? New 2019 trailer purchase.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS