Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Water system woes.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> Water system woes.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Gundog

Ridgefield, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/19 09:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 05 expedition seems to give me a new issue to track down each time we use it. This last weekend dry camping on the Oregon Coast day 2 the water pump would not shut off. I need to track down the issue the tank gauge shows it still has a 1/4 tank of water and I would be very surprised if it was empty knowing how much water was used. I replaced the water filter before we left but I will check that anyway. I also need to check to see if there is a screen trap.

I need to order some new filters it has a Watts 10" single stage filter housing. I see filters rated from 10 microns down to .5 microns with prices all over the place. I would like to order several anyone have a good source? The filters are 2.5" x 10" they actually measure less than that but that seems to be the right ones.

Thanks Mike

2005 34' Expedition Cat C7 Allison 3000

rgatijnet1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/19 09:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If the valve is not shifted from shore water the water pump will continue to run. Check you main input valve and make sure that it is not on shore water.

Gundog

Ridgefield, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/19 09:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rgatijnet1 wrote:

If the valve is not shifted from shore water the water pump will continue to run. Check you main input valve and make sure that it is not on shore water.

I will check it but it worked good for the first day I will make sure it is fully closed.

Thanks I need things to check.

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/19 09:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bad pressure switch on pump ?
Filter not tight, leaked water, tank empty ?

Radiate The Happy

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

MountainAir05

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/19 10:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Along with what been said pump switch or pump, plus we use a double filter, 10 or 5 and a charcoal for taste.

Executive

California/Arizona/South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/19 10:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Generally there are only two things that cause the pump to run continuously. A bad water pump or a leak in the system. Only way to trouble shoot it is to trace all the lines. I'd start with a tank at least half full. Since you just replaced the water filter, I'd start there. Often that O ring doesn't get sealed properly and it allows water to bypass..happy hunting....Dennis

A Simple Act of Caring Creates an Endless Ripple
Dennis and Debi Ten Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Gundog

Ridgefield, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/19 10:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well surprise the tank was empty. That surprises me my RV's before this one would always have full black and grey water tanks before the fresh water was empty. Now I know the gauge for fresh water is not accurate as it read a 1/4 tank. I opened the fresh water drain and nothing came out so I closed it put some water in the tank and like magic the pump built up pressure and shut off. Feel kinda dumb now for even posting this. But I still need to get some filters.

Gundog

Ridgefield, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/19 10:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a trip planned for the end of July for 6 days dry camping we are going to have to do better with water conservation. They do have a guy that comes by for a fee and he empty's the sewer and fills with fresh water. Looks like I will need him every couple days. We are going to Dune Fest with our ATV's & UTV it is a blast anyone on here going? It is at Winchester Bay Oregon July 23rd thru the 28th.

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/19 11:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

n 05 perhaps it is the pressure switch. Our 05 went that way in 2014 plus I think check valve. Housing and motor are fine but they won't sell me the parts to fix it. Have to send it in 69.00 to fix 69.00 for postage. New one 149.00 from factory installed for free at a Rally where they were.

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/19 12:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2005 34' Expedition specs show 86 gallon fresh water tank and 50 gallon each black/grey

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
On the Road Debt Free April '07
Off the road still Debt Free Jan. '14

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> Water system woes.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS